Video: Is the age of the flying car about to arrive?
posted at 12:40 pm on May 24, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Let’s face it — a lot of us who grew up on the Jetsons feel pretty ripped off these days, especially while sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic. However, this video report from Reuters suggests that we may soon see a practical option for a flying car:
Actually, I’ve always had reservations about this concept. People drive bad enough on the ground for us to daydream in traffic jams about flying above it all. What happens when that becomes a widely-available option? The same bad drivers on the ground will be up in the air at the same time, a prospect that doesn’t sound safe in the air or on the ground below. What do we do with power and phone lines? What happens when people fly straight to destinations rather than along roads, where cross-traffic isn’t just perpendicular but every angle on the compass as well as above and below?
I’m glad I work from home, that’s all I have to say.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation