Re: Team huddle (AKA wagon-circling)
posted at 6:54 pm on May 21, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
To further expand on the apparent wagon-circling taking place with this meeting of the ideologically-aligned commentators and the West Wing, the question has to be asked: Just where is Barack Obama getting this advice? The DoJ snooping on the AP and James Rosen has even normally sympathetic journalists angry. Now he’s going to bypass the White House press corps, which has been fed a steady stream of nonsense by Jay Carney to the point where reporters have to construct timelines to keep the White House’s “evolution” on what it knew about the IRS scandal straight.
If they think that sending out the ideologues to bypass the WH briefing room will make it easier for them to sell their message, the communications team is either desperate, delusional, or a little bit of both.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained