Green Room

Video: Time for another “Anchorman 2″ teaser trailer

posted at 5:30 pm on May 20, 2013 by

I’m not going to lie. I’m counting the minutes.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Possibly the single most quotable comedy of the 2000s.

If Anchorman 2 has a scene anywhere near as funny as the 5-way street fight I’ll be happy.

JimLennon on May 20, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I’m not holding my breath although I’m going to see it when it hits theaters, but sequels are notoriously overrated.

SauerKraut537 on May 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM

..ugh! Spare me. Beyond tedious.

The War Planner on May 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I hate things that are funny. The War Planner on May 20, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Will Ferrel is a Liberal douche alright, but Anchorman was funny and hopefully this will be too.

Living4Him5534 on May 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Anchorman was an absolutely amazing comedy, one of the best of that decade, and I can only hope the sequel is somewhere close to as good as the first!

vegconservative on May 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Will Ferrell is the very epitome of a Loonywood Libtard who absolutely loathes conservative middle America. He as made no effort at all to conceal his acid contempt for the sorts of folks who frequent this site. From his one-man anti-Bush Broadway show, to his replaying of the same common man-mocking role in pretty much every movie he makes, this is a POS who knows exactly who he is laughing at on the way to the bank. You; he’s laughing at you.

And that any male beyond the 10th grade finds his humor worth a second look leaves me dismayed.

M240H on May 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM

The only Ferrel movie where his shtick is actually funny and not annoying.

clearbluesky on May 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Ferrel can bite me.

Hill60 on May 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I can’t set my politics aside for even one minute on May 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Wow, your name fits you so well!

vegconservative on May 20, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Generally M240H and I cordially despise one another, but he gets it EXACTLY right, for me….

Go give Ferrell money if you want, but I’d rather eat my own left foot than give him one dime.

JFKY on May 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I just can’t stomach Ferrell anymore but I finally saw The Great Gatsby… Ugh. I didn’t mind the juxtaposition of current music with the roaring 20′s but Leo made Gatsby into something gooey, weak and unlikeable. The opposite of how I always pictured him. And, what’s with Toby McGuire aging his voice but not aging his face or hair in the narration? Biz…are.

Fallon on May 20, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I liked Anchorman, somewhat.
Although Ferrell was the star, it had more of an ensemble cast than his other movies.
So I could watch it again, but wouldn’t touch most of his other movies even once.

22044 on May 20, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I saw the trailer today before Star Trek. It looks like an obnoxious movie.

Othniel on May 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I refuse to line Will Ferrell’s pockets with cash.

ButterflyDragon on May 21, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I didn’t get it. Anchorman just wasn’t funny to me. It was a phoned-in performance featuring Will Ferrell’s asininity and a bunch of talented actors doing and saying weirdly random things.

$0.02

SAMinVA on May 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM

The only Ferrel movie where his shtick is actually funny and not annoying.

clearbluesky on May 20, 2013 at 8:00 PM

He has tried to repeat that in every movie, but failed. You can point to the decline of our civilization by Will Farrel movies.

Oil Can on May 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Yeah, I thought that was hilarious while sitting in the theater with my daughter.

Seriously, this is what passes for funny nowadays? I remember chuckling at this kind of thing… when I was… 10?

Midas on May 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Possibly the single most quotable comedy of the 2000s.

JimLennon on May 20, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Ummm… I saw it… trying to think of a single quote, lol. I remember something about the one guy wearing really rancid cologne, and a biker Jack Black and a tiny dog.

Midas on May 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Midas on May 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM

“60% of the time, it works all the time.”

“I love lamp.”

“Wow, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast.”

“Where did you get those clothes? At the toilet store?”

“I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship, that was used in the Civil War era.”
“Ron, I would be surprised if the affiliates were concerned about the lack of an old, old wooden ship, but nice try.”

“I don’t know how to put this, but I’m kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.”

“Why don’t you go back to your home on whore island?”

I could go on….

vegconservative on May 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

If I think a performer is a jerk, I watch it for free on the internet. If they are not a jerk, I rent it or buy the dvd.

Blake on May 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I could go on….

vegconservative on May 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Thank you Pauline Kael, because theose “memorable” quites completely passed me by….I didn’t recognize a one.

Now mayahp I’m the one under the rock, or mayhap just everyone YOU know thought those were great quotes.

JFKY on May 21, 2013 at 12:36 PM

M240H on May 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM

This.

Shump on May 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Will Farrell is the Jim Carrey of this decade…..

Like Tom Cruise (but without the hot wife selection process)……you can never be sure if he’s “acting”.

PappyD61 on May 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM