Green Room

McAuliffe launches Women for Terry, forgets to buy domain name

posted at 12:54 pm on May 20, 2013 by

It was supposed to be a warm, fuzzy women’s coalition site for Virginia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe, but it’s got no url! What now?

Unfortunately, McAuliffe forgot to buy the domain “WomenForTerry.com.” Instead, someone else bought it and set up a site making light about two incidents McAuliffe writes about in his 1997 book. In one, he skipped out for a Washington Post party while his wife was in labor with his daughter. (Note that despite the meme at right, McAuliffe wrote that he was present for his daughter’s birth.)

In the other incident, on the way home from the hospital from the birth of his son, McAuliffe writes that he left his wife and newborn in the car so that he could run in and make an appearance at a Democratic Party fundraiser.

Enjoy WomenforTerry.com. The goof on the credit-card line is my favorite. He really said this:

“She’s got a great life. Listen, her credit cards are paid and all that. She knows I do very well. But she has no idea. Myself and my accountants are the only people who know.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Nice.

CycloneCDB on May 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

As long as she is in the kitchen and has food to cook…why should she know anything else?

right2bright on May 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Punch that punk in the junk.

tom daschle concerned on May 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM

But us bitter clingers and teabillies are the dumb ones, right?

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Annoy + Enjoy = Enoy

Just messin’ with you MKH. “Typo” is my middle name.

Fallon on May 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Bet she gets a clue if she ever decides to leave your sorry a$$, Terry. D-I-V-O-R-C-E attorneys have a way of finding that stuff out.

Bitter Clinger on May 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Gad. These people have no clue about the world we live in today, do they? What is this, about the fifth time some Demo operation has failed to secure the rights to all the appropriate web domains?

Even for a personal website (which I might get around to some day) I plan on snatching up the .com, .net, and .org domains. It’s what, an extra $12 a year?

GWB on May 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

The bad news for Dems is that he comes across as a sleazy con artist even before you know this stuff. The credit card line is killer, though…that needs to make its way into a camapign ad.

changer1701 on May 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

War On Women. In this case, his wife sounds like a POW.

iurockhead on May 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

No way to put lipstick on this pig: Terry McAuliffe embodies everything that’s horribly wrong with American politics, business, and government in 2012.

To whit: McAuliffe was a young business hustler with a glad-handing, back-slapping, used car salesman style from the get-go. He got rich by investing $100,000 in Global Crossing, and cashing out millions. If the name Global Crossing doesn’t ring a bell, here’s the deal: it was a loathsome scam chartered in Bermuda that bought up a bunch of regional phone companies, forced employees to pack their retirement funds with company stock, squeezed every last nickel out of the companies, then froze employees’ pension funds while the executives cashed out all their stock days ahead of the collapse. Just exactly like Enron. The CEO walked away with hundreds of millions. The employees were raped, left penniless with their pensions destroyed. That’s how Terry got rich.

That quote, from no less a right-wing fever-swamp than Daily Kos

Terry McAuliffe. One of the best and brightest. *Spit*

bofh on May 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM

That quote, from no less a right-wing fever-swamp than Daily Kos

Awesome tactic. Quote the enemy playbook! One of my faves!

Tekov Yahoser on May 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Heh. The owner of Women for Terry should link it to another site called Women for Moran.

22044 on May 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM

War On Women. In this case, his wife sounds like a POW.

iurockhead on May 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

FreeTerrysWife.com :)

22044 on May 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Hey MKH,

Websense blocks your link to “Enoy WomenforTerry.com” as a security risk. I can’t say if this is in error.

Cheers,

Pi

Pythagoras on May 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I checked out that website, now that is some funny s— right there.

I almost feel sorry for Terry.

Almost.

Maddie on May 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

right2bright on May 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I wouldn’t eat a thing THAT woman cooked, and not because she’s such an idiot she could burn salad and cereal. Bit too much chance of me keeling over with my face in my plate if you get my drift.

MelonCollie on May 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM