Green Room

McAuliffe launches Women for Terry, forgets to buy domain name

posted at 12:54 pm on May 20, 2013 by

It was supposed to be a warm, fuzzy women’s coalition site for Virginia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe, but it’s got no url! What now?

Unfortunately, McAuliffe forgot to buy the domain “WomenForTerry.com.” Instead, someone else bought it and set up a site making light about two incidents McAuliffe writes about in his 1997 book. In one, he skipped out for a Washington Post party while his wife was in labor with his daughter. (Note that despite the meme at right, McAuliffe wrote that he was present for his daughter’s birth.)

In the other incident, on the way home from the hospital from the birth of his son, McAuliffe writes that he left his wife and newborn in the car so that he could run in and make an appearance at a Democratic Party fundraiser.

Enjoy WomenforTerry.com. The goof on the credit-card line is my favorite. He really said this:

“She’s got a great life. Listen, her credit cards are paid and all that. She knows I do very well. But she has no idea. Myself and my accountants are the only people who know.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Nice.

CycloneCDB on May 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

As long as she is in the kitchen and has food to cook…why should she know anything else?

right2bright on May 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Punch that punk in the junk.

tom daschle concerned on May 20, 2013 at 1:03 PM

But us bitter clingers and teabillies are the dumb ones, right?

CurtZHP on May 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Annoy + Enjoy = Enoy

Just messin’ with you MKH. “Typo” is my middle name.

Fallon on May 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Bet she gets a clue if she ever decides to leave your sorry a$$, Terry. D-I-V-O-R-C-E attorneys have a way of finding that stuff out.

Bitter Clinger on May 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Gad. These people have no clue about the world we live in today, do they? What is this, about the fifth time some Demo operation has failed to secure the rights to all the appropriate web domains?

Even for a personal website (which I might get around to some day) I plan on snatching up the .com, .net, and .org domains. It’s what, an extra $12 a year?

GWB on May 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

The bad news for Dems is that he comes across as a sleazy con artist even before you know this stuff. The credit card line is killer, though…that needs to make its way into a camapign ad.

changer1701 on May 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

War On Women. In this case, his wife sounds like a POW.

iurockhead on May 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

No way to put lipstick on this pig: Terry McAuliffe embodies everything that’s horribly wrong with American politics, business, and government in 2012.

To whit: McAuliffe was a young business hustler with a glad-handing, back-slapping, used car salesman style from the get-go. He got rich by investing $100,000 in Global Crossing, and cashing out millions. If the name Global Crossing doesn’t ring a bell, here’s the deal: it was a loathsome scam chartered in Bermuda that bought up a bunch of regional phone companies, forced employees to pack their retirement funds with company stock, squeezed every last nickel out of the companies, then froze employees’ pension funds while the executives cashed out all their stock days ahead of the collapse. Just exactly like Enron. The CEO walked away with hundreds of millions. The employees were raped, left penniless with their pensions destroyed. That’s how Terry got rich.

That quote, from no less a right-wing fever-swamp than Daily Kos

Terry McAuliffe. One of the best and brightest. *Spit*

bofh on May 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM

That quote, from no less a right-wing fever-swamp than Daily Kos

Awesome tactic. Quote the enemy playbook! One of my faves!

Tekov Yahoser on May 20, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Heh. The owner of Women for Terry should link it to another site called Women for Moran.

22044 on May 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM

War On Women. In this case, his wife sounds like a POW.

iurockhead on May 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

FreeTerrysWife.com 🙂

22044 on May 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Hey MKH,

Websense blocks your link to “Enoy WomenforTerry.com” as a security risk. I can’t say if this is in error.

Cheers,

Pi

Pythagoras on May 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I checked out that website, now that is some funny s— right there.

I almost feel sorry for Terry.

Almost.

Maddie on May 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

right2bright on May 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

I wouldn’t eat a thing THAT woman cooked, and not because she’s such an idiot she could burn salad and cereal. Bit too much chance of me keeling over with my face in my plate if you get my drift.

MelonCollie on May 23, 2013 at 9:13 AM

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM
Top Pick

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM
Top Pick

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game

“Inaction is not an option.”

“You have no feelings. You Christians are all racists.”

Whoflubdits.

It would at least be a start

Noor lawyers up — for good reason.

Still losing ground.

Still an unusual choice

Lone Star blues

“…held in full view — but not listening distance — of others present.”

“In 1977, Chesimard was found guilty of first degree murder…”

“Shep is a friend, I like him, but he’s so anti-Trump.”

Pony up some additional cash, citizens

“She’s absolutely going to run.”

“‘Let’s fix it’ are the magic words.”

Growing fears of the war(s) to come

Jazz Shaw Jul 18, 2017 4:01 PM

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get ya

“it looked like the White House was going to tell Congress it could not certify Iran was complying”

Donald Trump just put Venezuela on notice

Jazz Shaw Jul 18, 2017 2:01 PM

Smack down

“…it seems that speech — at least certain types of speech — can be a form of violence.”

Aesthetics and optics.