Green Room

Video: Holder doesn’t know, Carney can’t comment

posted at 10:16 pm on May 15, 2013 by

Transparency and accountability (via the WFB):

By the way, the ostensible reason behind quite a few of those “I don’t knows” is that Holder recused himself from the highly invasive DOJ leak investigation that ended up monitoring dozens of Associated Press journalists’ phone records. When did he recuse himself from said case? Surprise: He doesn’t know, beyond that it wasn’t done in writing.  Care to comment on any of this, White House spokesman?  Nope (via CNN):

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Rules are for thee, not for me!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on May 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Also, on the subpoena of AP records – Holder/Carney Significant Contradiction.

1. Holder: ” “A very-very serious leak. Among the most serious leaks – it put American people at risk.”,”

2. Carney: “(we found out) Yesterday. Let me just be clear. We don’t have any independent knowledge of that. He found out about the news reports yesterday on the road.”

So, sensitive terror incident and yet White House not informed for many months?

Or lying?

h/t Ulsterman Report

aquaviva on May 15, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Please let this be the downward spiral of BHO’S Administation.

My birthday is next month and my children need to get me something other than another tie or a gift card.

Sabercat2 on May 15, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Hasn’t Eric Holder been held in contempt of Congress..? This is the same guy, right?

d1carter on May 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Do we know what was the AP leak that the DoJ was trying to find. It had to be something damaging to Obama but was never released by the administration press. If it was out there it could be released by someone who is not a palace guard.

tjexcite on May 15, 2013 at 11:44 PM

What good is this guy? What purpose does he serve?

ted c on May 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM

So when the IRS audits me can I say “I don’t know”, and “I can’t comment specifically”?

cat-scratch on May 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM

What good is this guy? What purpose does he serve?

ted c on May 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Give him a break, he’s been unemployed since Barney Miller was cancelled.

FineasFinn on May 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Great punch line!

“You can not know what I know.”

RalphyBoy on May 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Have you ever noticed that both Holder and the Carney know exactly what they don’t know?

JusDreamin on May 16, 2013 at 1:52 PM