Green Room

Document of the day: The most transparent administration ever

posted at 12:47 pm on May 14, 2013 by

Via Katherine Mangu-Ward of Reason, this appears to be real.

Totally Redacted FOIA response by kmanguward

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

nice

cmsinaz on May 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Their opaqueness is very transparent!

geojed on May 14, 2013 at 12:53 PM

They keep saying ‘transparent.’

I do not think that word means what they think it means.

Good Lt on May 14, 2013 at 1:01 PM

WTF? Is anybody else getting the sense that this admin has zero respect for the laws they are duty bound to uphold? How does a person even begin to defend this stuff?

Zetterson on May 14, 2013 at 1:12 PM

What? This doesn’t answer all your questions?

It seems perfectly clear to me.

Clearly black.

Oh, is that racist?

Chris of Rights on May 14, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Well, at least I know how my tax returns should look when I forward them to the IRS.

antipc on May 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Wow.

Just………wow.

iurockhead on May 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Move along, nothing to see here! :)

Maybe the original document was just black squares… it was concerning black ops? :)

Seriously, 15 pages to cover minimizing texting? Only the fed govt could do that. That’s why they need so many GS-13s getting the big bucks…

Marcola on May 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Now THAT’s redacted. :)

Bob's Kid on May 14, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Marcola on May 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I’ve been reading a lot of non-classified and unclassified government documents related to GEOINT as part of a GIS/GEOINT class I’m taking. I’ve never read so much blather to say so little – and it’s even in departmental journals/magazines.

I watched a high ranking Army General discuss GEOINT stuff in a video and he took a half-hour to say what could have been said in half the time.

Seems like it’s standard operating practice, to say too much of nothing.

Logus on May 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM

RRRRRAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCIIIISSSSSSST!!!!!!!

JohnGalt23 on May 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Sorry to sound like a broken record here, but the Democrat party could put The Onion out of business.

visions on May 14, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Stumbling in the dark!

I looks about right.

EdmundBurke247 on May 14, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Redacting cell phone policy…am I missing something?

cajunpatriot on May 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Team SCOAMT is about as transparent as a 3-foot-thick concrete wall.

Steve Eggleston on May 14, 2013 at 3:13 PM

How… snitty of the DOJ. I’m sure there is at least ONE Assistant Federal Attorney out there who has an un-redacted copy of this letter. However, when one looks at how much the current administration has dealt with whistle-blowers with the “kid-glove” treatment, one wonders if such a document will ever see the light of day.

Turtle317 on May 14, 2013 at 3:31 PM

This is going to seem like a stupid question five years after the fact but I feel like I’m really missing out on a HotGas inside joke.

I’ve seen Obama referred to numerous times as OBummer, Zero, The Won, TOTUS, the list goes on… but what is SCOAMT and/or SCOAMF? Can someone throw me a clue?

The Schaef on May 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I assume

Withhold in Full

(b)(5)

(b)(7)(E)

references the chapter/paragraph of some code that justifies the redaction. Anybody have any idea exactly what that is?

peski on May 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Wow, this is really going to piss off the AP. I can’t wait for the lawsuits to start flying.

Ward Cleaver on May 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Wow, it takes a lot of toner to produce those black squares. At about 80% coverage, you don’t have to print too many copies before the toner cartridge runs out.

Ward Cleaver on May 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Well, the transparency of their lies is way up there.

flataffect on May 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM

The Schaef on May 14, 2013 at 4:22 PM

[oops. first reply got snapped by the filter ... apologies to the mods for the profanity]

SCoaMF Stuttering Clusterfark of a Miserable Failure.

BTW, TOTUS doesn’t refer to zero, it is the Teleprompter of the United States. barky’s brain if you will.

Lost in Jersey on May 14, 2013 at 10:06 PM