Green Room

Video: Pope Francis greets pro-life march in Rome — including Lila Rose

posted at 5:28 pm on May 13, 2013 by

Rome Reports presents a report from a march to the Vatican for the pro-life cause, and interview two of my friends as part of the report. LiveAction’s Lila Rose took part in the Rome demonstration, as did Fr. Marcel Guarnizo, and they certainly weren’t the only notables. Pope Francis himself greeted the marchers and encouraged them to keep fighting for life and an end to abortion:

I’d have been there, but I don’t think my feet have recovered yet from the papal conclave. I’m kidding, of course, but it’s great to see Lila and Fr. Marcel on the front lines — and the Pope greeting and encouraging them.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Funny, I can’t seem to find any coverage of this in the MSM. It must not have happened.

Fenris on May 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Fenris on May 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Had it been 10 hippies agitating for gay marriage it would have led the evening news.

29Victor on May 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

This is very cool to see. The Pope should celebrate this by excommunicating Pelosi.

29Victor on May 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I wouldn’t blame the press on this one. I saw some of the Mass’s replay and it was tacted on to his regular Sunday glad handing and baby kissing. Next year, perhaps organizers should consider a Saturday as it would be harder to bury something like that.

Illinidiva on May 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Whenever I get so immersed in what is going wrong in Washington and the world at large, it is comforting to know that there are young people like Lila Rose amongst us.

She is truly an angel walking this Earth.

God bless her.

turfmann on May 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM

turfmann on May 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Indeed. The lady has a lot of guts.

SailorMark on May 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Amazing!

Gingotts on May 14, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Without life, freedom isn’t worth much….

Don L on May 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Awesome!

KUDOS to Pope Francis

workingclass artist on May 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Ed, was this yesterday, the anniversary of the first appearance of Our Lady of Fatima?

Ward Cleaver on May 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Ward Cleaver on May 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I’m pretty sure this was on Sunday. However, yesterday, Pope Francis’ papacy was consecrated to Our Lady of Fatima at his request shortly after his election.

Between beloved Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI making St. Hildegard a Doctor of the Church, and beatifying Venerable Elena Aiello, and now this with Pope Francis, I think our Holy Fathers are trying to tell us something. It would almost appear that Catholic Prophecy is on their minds for some reason.

pannw on May 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM