Green Room

Video: Pope Francis greets pro-life march in Rome — including Lila Rose

posted at 5:28 pm on May 13, 2013 by

Rome Reports presents a report from a march to the Vatican for the pro-life cause, and interview two of my friends as part of the report. LiveAction’s Lila Rose took part in the Rome demonstration, as did Fr. Marcel Guarnizo, and they certainly weren’t the only notables. Pope Francis himself greeted the marchers and encouraged them to keep fighting for life and an end to abortion:

I’d have been there, but I don’t think my feet have recovered yet from the papal conclave. I’m kidding, of course, but it’s great to see Lila and Fr. Marcel on the front lines — and the Pope greeting and encouraging them.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Funny, I can’t seem to find any coverage of this in the MSM. It must not have happened.

Fenris on May 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Fenris on May 13, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Had it been 10 hippies agitating for gay marriage it would have led the evening news.

29Victor on May 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

This is very cool to see. The Pope should celebrate this by excommunicating Pelosi.

29Victor on May 13, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I wouldn’t blame the press on this one. I saw some of the Mass’s replay and it was tacted on to his regular Sunday glad handing and baby kissing. Next year, perhaps organizers should consider a Saturday as it would be harder to bury something like that.

Illinidiva on May 13, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Whenever I get so immersed in what is going wrong in Washington and the world at large, it is comforting to know that there are young people like Lila Rose amongst us.

She is truly an angel walking this Earth.

God bless her.

turfmann on May 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM

turfmann on May 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Indeed. The lady has a lot of guts.

SailorMark on May 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Amazing!

Gingotts on May 14, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Without life, freedom isn’t worth much….

Don L on May 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Awesome!

KUDOS to Pope Francis

workingclass artist on May 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Ed, was this yesterday, the anniversary of the first appearance of Our Lady of Fatima?

Ward Cleaver on May 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Ward Cleaver on May 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I’m pretty sure this was on Sunday. However, yesterday, Pope Francis’ papacy was consecrated to Our Lady of Fatima at his request shortly after his election.

Between beloved Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI making St. Hildegard a Doctor of the Church, and beatifying Venerable Elena Aiello, and now this with Pope Francis, I think our Holy Fathers are trying to tell us something. It would almost appear that Catholic Prophecy is on their minds for some reason.

pannw on May 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM
Top Pick

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Top Pick

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”