Texas school district candidate wins seat, 1-0
posted at 11:35 am on May 13, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham
A school board election for the Lytle ISD has been decided by one vote. It was the only vote.
The San Antonio Express-News reports Christina Mercado has won her race as District 1 representative on the Lytle School District by collecting the only vote cast in Saturday’s election for the open board seat.
Mercado’s challenger, Patty Cortez, received no votes.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation