Green Room

“We’ll be in touch”

posted at 3:13 pm on May 7, 2013 by

After Cleveland hero Charles Ramsey gave McDonald’s a couple of big name-checks in media interviews yesterday, some had suggested that Ramsey could use a lifetime pass at the Golden Arches.  Looks like McDonalds has something in mind for Ramsey:

Meanwhile, the Cleveland PD has released mug shots of the three suspects:

cleveland-mugshots

Real charmers, huh?

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Looks like a trio of winners we have here…. /sarc

Good on ya Mr Ramsey!

geojed on May 7, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I do applaud Mr. Ramsey for taking quick action in freeing the young woman and her child. It was the smart thing to do.

Blake on May 7, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Someone else mentioned that there were a number of births but only one survived. These creeps may be looking at capital murder charges and they don’t call Ohio “little Texas” for nothing. :)

Blake on May 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Real charmers, huh?

Chick magnets if I ever saw one.

CurtZHP on May 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Wait, aren’t those suspects TEMS chatizens? LOL

simkeith on May 7, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Are they legal? Someone dig into their history like they were a Palin.

*runs away*

Mimzey on May 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

While on the one hand, emotionally, I can understand saying “real charmers” concerning the mug shots, but on the other hand, I cannot.

How many innocent people are hauled in under suspicion and mug shots taken? How many people who really aren’t “bad” but just did the wrong thing at the wrong time in the wrong place and got their mugshot taken? Very few people’s mugshots ever look good. Typically too it seems, most people who wind up having their mugshot taken don’t get a chance to prepare for it – unless your Tom Delay or Rush Limbaugh.

I’m not knocking Rush or Tom nor am I trying to say the Castro brothers are good and innocent, but I have found commenting about people based upon an image and a news report to be knee jerk emotionalism and possibly not necessarily reflective of the reality of the person.

I know someone personally who got arrested and had their mugshot taken and the picture got put in a paper. The newspaper article was slanted and half-true, the mug shot didn’t do the person any favors at all – and I can imagine that a long drive in a cop car and having had a long day at work beforehand and being roughed around during an arrest just does wonders for your mugshot. The individual arrested did something very stupid and deserved to get arrested and got punished, and to be sure, I have my issues with that person, but the comments left by many people on that newspaper article showed that the people commenting were all commenting out of kneejerk reactionism, equating/analyzing how the person in the picture looked to what they must be like in real life. That’s pathetic.

Few mugshots look great. We cannot judge a book by its cover. Again, I’m not sticking up for the Castros, but I am commenting on the value and thought process of people who comment on mugshots in general.

Logus on May 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

they don’t call Ohio “little Texas” for nothing.

Blake

from some comedian whose name escapes me (re: capital punishment), “In Texas, when you kill us, we kill you right back” . . .

williampeck1958 on May 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Logus on May 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Thank you, Mug Shot Fairness Council. The MSFC would also like to announce that there is a bake sale on Saturday to raise awareness for their new “Mug Shots Are Not Thug Shots” campaign.

nico on May 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Thank you Mr. Ramsey for reacting to the situation and doing the right thing.
May God Bless these women (and child) and help them heal. Sounds like the family/friends network is in place to help them along which is how shall I say, wicked awesome!

D-fusit on May 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Charles should never have to pay for a Big Mac in Cleveland again.

Northwoods on May 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM

williampeck1958 on May 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Ron White. The next line is “that’s our policy”.

trubble on May 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Charles should never have to pay for a Big Mac in Cleveland again.

Northwoods on May 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Charles should never have to pay for a meal in Cleveland again.
FIFY

sybilll on May 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Logus on May 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Er. Okay. I guess we all have our hill to die on.

kim roy on May 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Charles is an alright guy, did the right thing, apparently his co-workers love him. I’m more than a little disappointed with him thinking a “white girl running to a black man for help” is so terribly out of place.

I’m sorry, did you expect her to be a racist?

PXCharon on May 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Logus on May 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Clean ‘em up, make ‘em smile, they’d still look like creeps.

James on May 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Er. Okay. I guess we all have our hill to die on.

kim roy on May 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM
In what other situation are people going to have a mirror put in front of them concerning what I commented on?

I used to not think about such emotional responses until someone close to me was arrested and their mugshot was put on the internet and that gave me a different perspective on such knee jerk emotional commentaries about what people must be like because of their horrible picture.

It’s not a hill I’m dying on, but I’ll use an opportunity to point it out when it arises.

Hopefully you or someone you know will never get arrested and plastered on the news for losing your temper and acting stupidly.

Whatever. Carry on.

Logus on May 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Do these guys all 3 having on matching purple silk pajamas? It certainly appears that way from here ..

preallocated on May 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Clean ‘em up, make ‘em smile, they’d still look like creeps.

James on May 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM
A lot of people on the left said the same of Tom Delay and Rush Limbaugh. Are they creeps? You’re imposing an opinion based upon what you know.

The Castros are indeed creeps, not because they look a certain way, cleaned up or disheveled, but because of what they did. There is a difference, one is emotional assumptive opinion, the other opinion based upon known/understood actions.

Clean you up and get a mug shot taken of you. Wow, you’re a creep, I can tell by how you look. Silly?

Logus on May 7, 2013 at 6:31 PM

3 more Obama voters off to prison

burserker on May 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Gross. Did you really have to post the mug shots? Now I need a shower. With Draino. And eye bleach. And an SOS pad.

Good for Charles Ramsey. I hope he gets something substantial out of this. He could have just looked the other way, like so many do.

Those poor women. They’re going to need therapy for the rest of their lives. As somebody posted on Townhall, is gasoline and a book of matches too extreme? I say castrate the bastards, and no medical attention afterwards. May they rot from their privates inward. Slowly and painfully. Punishments in this country are sometimes WAY to lenient.

sage0925 on May 7, 2013 at 8:23 PM

…WAY TOO lenient…sorry, my inner spelling Nazi is making an appearance.

sage0925 on May 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Whatever. Carry on.

Logus on May 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Ditto this. I got booked(traffic BS) recently on my way to work. I looked like a homeless hobo. They made me take off my hat, so I had the crazy hair.

Oh well…live and learn.

tom daschle concerned on May 7, 2013 at 9:00 PM

williampeck1958 on May 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Ron White.

Cindy Munford on May 7, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Are they legal? Someone dig into their history like they were a Palin.
*runs away*
Mimzey on May 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

LOL

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on May 7, 2013 at 9:44 PM

preallocated on May 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Were you expecting suits and ties from these cretins?

Right_Mike on May 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I hope they fry these guys.

EastofEden on May 7, 2013 at 10:23 PM

I hope they fry these guys.

EastofEden on May 7, 2013 at 10:23 PM

They are going to get extra special treatment in prison no doubt.

tom daschle concerned on May 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Whatever. Carry on.

Logus on May 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I get your point. I knew a good man accused of molesting his daughter & it was shouted to the heavens. And turns out, the false accuser was the mother of a boy who was not being played enough in the football games this man was coaching him in. She worked in the classroom as an aide with this guy’s little daughter & used the situation for revenge.
Bcs her displeasure with the guy was well known in the community over football & her kid.
Yeah. I’ve seen people falsely accused & it is UGLY.
So I get your point & think it IS relevant.
The court of public opinion is not based on facts but gossip.
I’ll wait for the courts to vilify these guys.
Which I am sure they are probably guilty. Or at least the brother living in the home was.

Badger40 on May 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM