Mike Piazza pinch-hitting at … the ballet?
posted at 6:00 pm on May 3, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
I was ready to scoff at one of my favorite Dodgers of the time, but this is a story of a father helping out a daughter — at least indirectly. Hoping to grab some attention from sports fans to a local ballet company at which his daughter studies, Mike Piazza will play a gangster in an upcoming performance of the ballet, “Slaughter on Tenth Avenue.” Just don’t expect him to plié:
Piazza will play the role of a gangster in the ballet’s Friday night performance of “Slaughter on Tenth Avenue.”
It’s not a dancing role, and Piazza’s not wearing tights. He’ll walk onstage in a taupe houndstooth suit and say a few lines as a hit man hired to kill a jealous dancer’s rival. ….
His daughter is a student at Miami City Ballet School. Piazza says he wants to help boost ballet’s image among sports fans.
Mikhail Baryshnikov, eat your heart out.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation