Green Room

Endgame: “Rocky: The Musical” coming to Broadway

posted at 6:14 pm on May 2, 2013 by

The problem here is simple. Just the thought of this is enough to instill a revisionist memory of Sly interrupting his training sessions with Burgess Meredith in the movie to start croaking out show tunes.

And that’s not a happy memory, my friends.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Of all the Stallone movies, Over The Top is begging to be a musical.

Or maybe Tango & Cash.

portlandon on May 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Gee, I thought they already made the Rocky musical. I laughed, I cried…

sulla on May 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM

We are living in end times my friends…

ninja duck on May 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

We are living in end times my friends…

ninja duck on May 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Speaking of End Times and poor taste, Ed Driscoll has the now-banned Mountain Dew ad up on his site:

Bruno Strozek on May 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM

The obvious choice was to make a musical of Rambo.

Could even have used the tune, Fight from the Heart.

hepcat on May 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I hope there is an “Eye of the Tiger” reprise that consists solely of the words “BumBum-bum-bumbum-bum-bumbum-bum-bum–m–m–m!

Glenn Jericho on May 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM

As long as “Copland: the musical” isn’t next.

The funny thing is that Bill Conti’s original scores for the rocky movies are amazing! Wonder if they’ll pinch those or not…

Free Indeed on May 2, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I hope it has the line “Yo, Adrian!” in it. The audience response to that would define the musical as comedy or drama.

ExpressoBold on May 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Call me when “Cobra: The Musical” comes out. Failing that, how about “Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot! The Musical”?

Chris of Rights on May 3, 2013 at 8:50 AM

So? That’s nothin’. Vegas now has Urinetown, the musical…..

SailorMark on May 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I can’t wait for the song entitled, “Yo Adrian”.

The Rogue Tomato on May 3, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I’ll always have a soft spot for the first 2 Rocky flicks.

Is the dude who stars in It’s a Brad, Brad World gonna be Rocky?

OhEssYouCowboys on May 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM

When does Bullwinkle get his musical?

‘ha-cha-cha…

eyesky on May 3, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Top Pick

Irreligion.

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment