Video: Winter’s encore in Minnesota
posted at 11:03 am on May 1, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Global warming. Global warming. Global warming. Snow in … May.
One Three of these things just doesn’t belong:
Be honest. You didn’t really think this winter had heaved its last breath, did you?
Like the inevitable sequel to a long-running horror movie franchise, snow is making yet another return to the forecast. Only this time, the flakes are predicted to fly not in April, but in May.
A winter storm warning has been issued for parts of Minnesota, including the Twin Cities metro area.
WCCO meteorologist Matt Brickman predicts that Wednesday morning’s rain will begin to turn into flakes by sometime mid-morning, eventually turning over to all snow by late afternoon.
Last night I sat on my deck for the first time this year, smoking a cigar and sipping a glass of merlot while reading a book on philosophy, and it was awesome. Tonight I’ll be pulling out the snowblower again. Spring, summer, and fall were fun while it lasted ….
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained