Green Room

Finally: The 1,700-calorie bacon milkshake

posted at 12:11 pm on May 1, 2013 by

Don’t tell Mayor Bloomberg about this new offering from Sonic… the little guy’s head might explode:

The fast food industry’s obsession with bacon has reached new heights of excess. Sonic announced on its Facebook page Thursday that its summer lineup of ice cream shakes would include one made with peanut butter and bacon…The result, as you might imagine, is tremendously unhealthy. The smallest size available size weighs in at 700 calories, more than you’ll find in a Big Mac. The largest size packs an incredible 1,720 calories, with 118 grams of fat and 128 grams of sugar. It also boasts 55 grams of saturated fat, which is 275% of the recommended daily value.

On second thought, please do inform Hizzoner about this important development.  According to Sonic’s website, the chain boasts zero NYC locations, so Mr. Nanny’s ban-grab impulse will just have to go unsatiated.   Although the resulting super-sad sense of unfulfilled ban-lust may prompt him to finally go for the gold — which I suspect would complicate Hillary’s life more than anyone else’s.  So, um, Bloomy ’16!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Nanny Bloomberg collapsing in 3… 2… 1…

Valkyriepundit on May 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Effing yeah, Mother Effers! It just don’t get much better than that. Make this happen America.

WordsMatter on May 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yet another reason to love Sonic!

They have some of the most tasty unhealthy food around. Sonic is a big institution in the South. Almost every small town has a Sonic Drive-in.

simkeith on May 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

ice cream shakes would include one made with peanut butter and bacon…

Oh my gosh that sounds good!

2L8 on May 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Per (formerly) HA’s Tina Korbe (March 28, 2012):

P.S. If you love Sonic happy hour half as much as I do, never check the direction they send their political donations. Happy hour will never be as happy again

Le sigh! I drive past a Sonic every day. As much as I’d like to, I’ll never stop.

pain train on May 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

MURICA!!!

Content Warning

DiscePati on May 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

According to Sonic’s website, the chain boasts zero NYC locations

what a devious plan. even better than immigration reform.

sesquipedalian on May 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Wow. If I have one of those, I’d better eat salad for the rest of the week to atone.

22044 on May 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My cholesterol level went up 20 points just reading this.

malclave on May 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

OH YAH!! Here we go!!

Amendment X on May 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM

My sonic, which is half-a-block from my house makes this milkshake. I haven’t tried it yet, but Wow. This month they are doing half-off prices on their milkshakes after eight p.m.. I might have to try one of those (or dare one of my friends to try one) later this week. :) :) :)

Theophile on May 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM

America – what a country! 8-)

SDN on May 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM