Green Room

Finally: The 1,700-calorie bacon milkshake

posted at 12:11 pm on May 1, 2013 by

Don’t tell Mayor Bloomberg about this new offering from Sonic… the little guy’s head might explode:

The fast food industry’s obsession with bacon has reached new heights of excess. Sonic announced on its Facebook page Thursday that its summer lineup of ice cream shakes would include one made with peanut butter and bacon…The result, as you might imagine, is tremendously unhealthy. The smallest size available size weighs in at 700 calories, more than you’ll find in a Big Mac. The largest size packs an incredible 1,720 calories, with 118 grams of fat and 128 grams of sugar. It also boasts 55 grams of saturated fat, which is 275% of the recommended daily value.

On second thought, please do inform Hizzoner about this important development.  According to Sonic’s website, the chain boasts zero NYC locations, so Mr. Nanny’s ban-grab impulse will just have to go unsatiated.   Although the resulting super-sad sense of unfulfilled ban-lust may prompt him to finally go for the gold — which I suspect would complicate Hillary’s life more than anyone else’s.  So, um, Bloomy ’16!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Nanny Bloomberg collapsing in 3… 2… 1…

Valkyriepundit on May 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Effing yeah, Mother Effers! It just don’t get much better than that. Make this happen America.

WordsMatter on May 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Yet another reason to love Sonic!

They have some of the most tasty unhealthy food around. Sonic is a big institution in the South. Almost every small town has a Sonic Drive-in.

simkeith on May 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

ice cream shakes would include one made with peanut butter and bacon…

Oh my gosh that sounds good!

2L8 on May 1, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Per (formerly) HA’s Tina Korbe (March 28, 2012):

P.S. If you love Sonic happy hour half as much as I do, never check the direction they send their political donations. Happy hour will never be as happy again

Le sigh! I drive past a Sonic every day. As much as I’d like to, I’ll never stop.

pain train on May 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

MURICA!!!

Content Warning

DiscePati on May 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

According to Sonic’s website, the chain boasts zero NYC locations

what a devious plan. even better than immigration reform.

sesquipedalian on May 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Wow. If I have one of those, I’d better eat salad for the rest of the week to atone.

22044 on May 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM

My cholesterol level went up 20 points just reading this.

malclave on May 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

OH YAH!! Here we go!!

Amendment X on May 2, 2013 at 1:41 AM

My sonic, which is half-a-block from my house makes this milkshake. I haven’t tried it yet, but Wow. This month they are doing half-off prices on their milkshakes after eight p.m.. I might have to try one of those (or dare one of my friends to try one) later this week. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Theophile on May 2, 2013 at 2:34 AM

America – what a country! 😎

SDN on May 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Top Pick

Will they stay or will they go?

Top Pick

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus