Video: Man loses life savings on … carnival game
posted at 10:41 am on April 30, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
And you thought the Lotto had bad odds! At least this guy ended up with a Rastafarian banana in exchange for every cent he had in the world.
Look, if the game was rigged, it should be investigated — and the fact that the operator willingly coughed up $600 in a refund suggests that he didn’t want any scrutiny on that question. But no one forced this man to lose the initial $300, and certainly not to go home to empty his savings account and lose another $2300.
Here’s a question … why not go home and get the $300 for the Xbox and go to a retail store instead?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained