Video: Man loses life savings on … carnival game
posted at 10:41 am on April 30, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
And you thought the Lotto had bad odds! At least this guy ended up with a Rastafarian banana in exchange for every cent he had in the world.
Look, if the game was rigged, it should be investigated — and the fact that the operator willingly coughed up $600 in a refund suggests that he didn’t want any scrutiny on that question. But no one forced this man to lose the initial $300, and certainly not to go home to empty his savings account and lose another $2300.
Here’s a question … why not go home and get the $300 for the Xbox and go to a retail store instead?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style