Green Room

Fisking Obama’s press conference

posted at 2:54 pm on April 30, 2013 by

Many conservatives I know have more or less given up listening to President Obama’s speeches and press conferences.  (Blood pressure, etc).  For some of us, though, it’s literally our job to pay attention — perhaps so you don’t have to.  Click through for my fairly comprehensive rundown of the president’s 47-minute Q&A session at Townhall.  It’s not a traditional line-by-line fisking, per se, but I’m confident it presents a pretty solid picture of what questions were asked, and how the president responded.  As a taste, my final bullet point:

Jason Collins - In recent weeks, the president has said he doesn’t have enough information to comment on the Gosnell trial.  Today, he told Fox News’ Ed Henry that he wasn’t aware of the latest Benghazi developments.  He also noted that his administration needs to “investigate” further on chemical weapons in Syria and US intelligence failures leading up to the Boston bombings.  But, interestingly, he was deeply informed about NBA center Jason Collins, who just came out as gay.  Obama was so eager to discuss the subject that he actually returned to the podium after wrapping up the press conference.  He couldn’t resist addressing this pressing national matter.  I understand that the the first active “big four” sport athlete to come out is a newsworthy story.  Why we need to hear from the president about it is less understandable.  That Obama was more prepared to talk about this situation than Benghazi or Gosnell is a reflection of his priorities.

Also, pay special attention to the president’s answer on Obamacare.  Very politically risky, it seems to me.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

When the press conference has an intro like this, whaddaya expect?

forest on April 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Community Organizers make terrible POTUS’s…

d1carter on April 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

He talked at length about Jason Collins. I suppose it’s nice to know his opinion on this pressing matter, but opinions are like a$$holes… wait, that’s probably not the best metaphor.

Jeff Weimer on April 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

It’s too bad Ed Henry didn’t follow up, “You’re doing a press conference and seem to follow Fox News pretty closely – is there any reason why you’re not prepared for these questions?”

crrr6 on April 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Obama would have made a better ESPN analyst than a President. Hey, Olbie’s not working there – it’d be just about the same thing; maybe we can all just urge Obama to resign and apply to ESPN.

Logus on April 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Logus on April 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Does the NBA have a commissioner? I can see the REB settling in there nice and comfy.

BobMbx on April 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM

We already knew King Barry was not a man of substance. This was just further proof of that.

GarandFan on April 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Now I know what it takes to be a national hero, worthy of presidential acclaim.

I been doin it all wrong.

Oxymoron on April 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM

“Thanks for coming to my press conference today, everyone. Just before we begin, I would just like address some pressing issues relating to our national security — Hey, look! A gay basketball player!!”

(Sneaks off as the press turn to look.)

StubbleSpark on April 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I misread the title and thought it said “fisting.”

That would have been much more enjoyable…

JamesJr on May 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM

A shorter fisking can be found in My Cousin Vinny.

Physics Geek on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM