Green Room

Fisking Obama’s press conference

posted at 2:54 pm on April 30, 2013 by

Many conservatives I know have more or less given up listening to President Obama’s speeches and press conferences.  (Blood pressure, etc).  For some of us, though, it’s literally our job to pay attention — perhaps so you don’t have to.  Click through for my fairly comprehensive rundown of the president’s 47-minute Q&A session at Townhall.  It’s not a traditional line-by-line fisking, per se, but I’m confident it presents a pretty solid picture of what questions were asked, and how the president responded.  As a taste, my final bullet point:

Jason Collins – In recent weeks, the president has said he doesn’t have enough information to comment on the Gosnell trial.  Today, he told Fox News’ Ed Henry that he wasn’t aware of the latest Benghazi developments.  He also noted that his administration needs to “investigate” further on chemical weapons in Syria and US intelligence failures leading up to the Boston bombings.  But, interestingly, he was deeply informed about NBA center Jason Collins, who just came out as gay.  Obama was so eager to discuss the subject that he actually returned to the podium after wrapping up the press conference.  He couldn’t resist addressing this pressing national matter.  I understand that the the first active “big four” sport athlete to come out is a newsworthy story.  Why we need to hear from the president about it is less understandable.  That Obama was more prepared to talk about this situation than Benghazi or Gosnell is a reflection of his priorities.

Also, pay special attention to the president’s answer on Obamacare.  Very politically risky, it seems to me.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

When the press conference has an intro like this, whaddaya expect?

forest on April 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Community Organizers make terrible POTUS’s…

d1carter on April 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

He talked at length about Jason Collins. I suppose it’s nice to know his opinion on this pressing matter, but opinions are like a$$holes… wait, that’s probably not the best metaphor.

Jeff Weimer on April 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM

It’s too bad Ed Henry didn’t follow up, “You’re doing a press conference and seem to follow Fox News pretty closely – is there any reason why you’re not prepared for these questions?”

crrr6 on April 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Obama would have made a better ESPN analyst than a President. Hey, Olbie’s not working there – it’d be just about the same thing; maybe we can all just urge Obama to resign and apply to ESPN.

Logus on April 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Logus on April 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Does the NBA have a commissioner? I can see the REB settling in there nice and comfy.

BobMbx on April 30, 2013 at 5:52 PM

We already knew King Barry was not a man of substance. This was just further proof of that.

GarandFan on April 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Now I know what it takes to be a national hero, worthy of presidential acclaim.

I been doin it all wrong.

Oxymoron on April 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM

“Thanks for coming to my press conference today, everyone. Just before we begin, I would just like address some pressing issues relating to our national security — Hey, look! A gay basketball player!!”

(Sneaks off as the press turn to look.)

StubbleSpark on April 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I misread the title and thought it said “fisting.”

That would have been much more enjoyable…

JamesJr on May 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM

A shorter fisking can be found in My Cousin Vinny.

Physics Geek on May 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM
Top Pick

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Top Pick

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM