Green Room

Late-term abortionist on Live Action: “I really consider them terrorists”

posted at 2:53 pm on April 29, 2013 by

The late-term abortionist exposed in today’s Live Action video is lashing out at the organization that so rudely captured his infanticide endorsement on tape.  Behold, a man who makes his living exterminating and dismembering viable fetuses denounces a non-violent investigative group as “terrorists.”

Santangelo, 56, said he’s been a practicing obstetrician-gynecologist in the District since 1987. He said he keeps a low profile, partly because he worries that the controversial nature of abortions could make him a target for violence, but also because he prefers to stay out of the politics. He said he sometimes refuses late-term abortions if he feels women have been coerced or are in extramarital affairs, are seeking to terminate because of the sex of the child, or seem unsure whether they want the procedure…He said he was “tripped up” by a hypothetical at a moment when he was trying to reassure a client. “Once the baby is born, it’s out of everybody’s hands, and the baby has rights, too,” he said. “I understand that and I support that.” He said he has not watched the video because “I don’t like to feed into these people. I really consider them terrorists.”

What a profoundly warped moral compass.  The doctor “clarifies” to the Washington Post that of course he believes born-alive infants are entitled to rights.   But that’s not what he said in the “privacy” of his office in a candid discussion with a prospective client.  No, he assured her that if the month-six (!) abortion didn’t “take,” he wouldn’t lift a finger to help the child survive.  He also expressed disdain for those backwoods medical professionals in Virginia who’ve been known to do “the stupidest thing” imaginable — namely, provide medical assistance to newborn survivors of abortion.  Santagelo also claims that he occasionally declines to perform certain late-term abortions if he thinks the mothers are “in extramarital affairs” or “are seeking to terminate because of the sex of the child.”  Question: Why should these distinctions matter at all in his calculus?  If it’s not a life worthy of legal protection, why should a mother’s motivation play any role whatsoever?  If she’s waited six months just to decide she’d really prefer a son, isn’t that her “choice”?  Stop asking questions and prepare the suction tube, doctor.  Alas, Santangelo is discovering that it’s rather difficult to sugar-coat the barbarity of late term abortions for public consumption.  But at least we know what he tells himself so he can sleep at night.

UPDATE – Lila Rose of Live Action responds:

“For Dr. Santagelo to call a 24 week pregnant woman a terrorist, after having just admitted he would leave struggling babies to die after surviving abortion, is a desperate attempt to distract from his own horrific actions.  The numbness Dr. Santangelo displays to his victims is both heart-breaking and shocking.  It is time to investigate the inhuman and brutal practices that happen behind the closed doors of these facilities across the country.”

Rose is slated to appear on The O’Reilly Factor tonight.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Santangelo should not be referred to as “Doctor.” He’s no more a doctor than Josef Mengele was.

rbj on April 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Late-term abortionist on Live Action: “I really consider them terrorists”

Of course you do, jackass spawn of Satan. Radical-Muslim terrorists also think they’re all protecting themselves against aggressors by blowing up buildings and running planes into them.

Henry Hyde, to keep himself going in what was a massive abortion fight at the time for which he confessed to not having the energy, once envisioned himself being met, on entering eternity, with all the unborn children he was fighting for. He said it gave him strength and courage.

I wonder if these killers ever think about the souls they’re separating from the bodies God intended for them, and whether they’ll ever have to face them. From some reports a lot of abortionists have nightmares about babies coming after them. All the time.

Eviva on April 29, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No more “low profile” for this lowlife. It’s important that Santangelo and his ilk be given every opportunity to speak openly about what they do and defend their practices to the public. It’s the quickest way to out them as the monsters they are.

morganfrost on April 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I’m okay with that, actually.

Bob's Kid on April 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Won’t be long before the word “terrorist” carries the same weight as the word “bully.” Used to be, a bully was someone who beat you up, took your lunch money, and made you afraid to go to school. Now a bully is anyone who looks at you cross-eyed.

A terrorist will be the same thing. “That person raised his voice at me! He’s a terrorist!!”

CurtZHP on April 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I don’t understand why this guy (and people like him) would backpedal from what they say on tape. This is their career of choice. No one forced them into being an abortionist. Why do they pretend to have some kind of moral standing re: abortion when they clearly do not?

In other words, why not take the mask off? Why pretend? Why not embrace his career?

visions on April 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM

He’s a murderer. And the only people who give a crap who he considers “terrorists” are the folks (in the good German citizenry sense of the word) who condone that murder.

M240H on April 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM

There is one local abortionist who is always defending abortion in the media, owns his own clinic, etc and has sent several women to the hospital (that local prolifers know of, that is) and is notorious among the medical community.

Learned this from a doctor I used to work for, and he told us that most of the doctors (esp the OB-GYNS) in the area despise him, and some refer to him amongst themselves as simply “The Animal”. Have often wondered if other abortionists are pretty much hidden pariahs like that. So many doctors won’t have anything to do with abortion.

Eviva on April 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM

In order to put the Doctor’s remarks in their proper context I suggest consideration of the following question:

Of all the persons who participate in late-term abortion procedures, who object to late-term abortion procedures, or who experience objections to late-term abortion procedures, who is or might be terrified.

YiZhangZhe on April 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Terrorist=racist=”anyone who doesn’t bow down and worship me and all my glory and tell me I can do no wrong”.

yhxqqsn on April 29, 2013 at 7:09 PM

*sigh* Normally I don’t get into it with you guys about abortion (or religion), but I think that anything after 3 months, you just need to go ahead and have the child. Late term abortion is absolutely horrible and horrifying. All these stories about aborted babies heard crying and being just flushed down the toilet makes me really want to vomit.

While I am pro-choice, I really think there should be a limit. And parents being allowed to kill a baby when it is still alive after being late term aborted is just criminal.

You may proceed with the flaming. I am logging out and won’t see it anyway, as I have to get up at 3 am to go to work.

sage0925 on April 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

sage0925 on April 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

No need to flame. I just happen to disagree with you on this. Life begins at conception. That’s the only bright, clear line from a scientific standpoint. The rest is politics.

That said, I am genuinely interested in what you think the limits on abortion should be, and why. Kermit Gosnell violated the limits egregiously that Pennsylvania put in place, and there’s no reason to believe that other abortion mills are any different. So I’d also ask, what makes you think that abortionists will feel any obligation to follow whatever limits you feel are morally tenable?

Please bear in mind, I am not concern trolling here. My curiosity is genuine. NARAL, NOW, and PP consistenly fight against any and all limits on abortion using tenuous slippery slope arguments, so they are not your friend in the “limits on abortion” debate.

gryphon202 on April 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM

M240H on April 29, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I cannot for the life of me understand that kind of mindset.. The “good German” seems to be the democrat party ideal citizen. NEVER question the morality of a policy, ever, unless the (ick) “other” inbred redneck bible thumping rubes suggest it, then it’s never NOT question them.

There are many of us here who differ on many things, sometimes heatedly.. But really no one who would suggest, the “party” is the absolute moral authority as most liberals do. We define ourselves by our convictions, not as republicans, and most would leave the party quickly if they ever thought there was no chance of reversing a policy we found personally immoral.

On the other side, you get no such vibe any of them would.

It’s always, well, I “may” be a Catholic,.. BUT,.. if the party says abortion is not only a good choice, but a life affirming liberal sacrament.. who am I to object right? Even when confronted with the horros of what is done in their name..

They have to “separate” their religious convictions from public policy..

Which is a lot like their calling themselves citizens of the world, and separating their American views so as not to upset those who live in barbarism.

In fact, liberal democrats are exactly have the kind of mindset who can tolerate death camps as most Germans did, so as not to raise a voice in protest. Because they’re moral by definition in their view, they can’t do wrong, ever.

Even when shown that late term highly illegal infanticide and live born homicide is far more common then they ever imagined. They still live in complete denial.. it’s those who oppose them, who are the REAL monsters..

How such an UnAmerican mindset, ever took root, especially after Nuremberg, is beyond comprehension.

mark81150 on April 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM

sage0925 on April 29, 2013 at 7:59 PM

no flaming, just a humble request..

ask yourself, if they do these unspeakable acts which are already illegal, do you think they would ever obey new laws restricting them further?

Those who consider themselves pro-choice need to look hard not just at the act.. but at the people who have been lying to you about just how extreme their abortion views are..

If you cannot be pro-life, then please..

please..

be very pro-enforcement of the laws restricting their ability to ignore the law and kill however they feel like. It may not get all abortion banned, but it’s a start..

at the least, it would show you aren’t afraid to act on what you’ve said. That you do think some abortionists are beyond unspeakable in what they do. Because PPH is the great enabler here, fighting to deny ANY restrictions, any limits, one even saying after birth homicide was still a woman’s “choice”..

The abortion industry, is like a drug cartel, they ignore laws, and wreck carnage on an epic scale, while lying to people who haven’t been informed as to just how mindlessly evil and extreme they are. PPH has killed far more people..

and their only comment on Gosnel, is he should have run a “cleaner” clinic..

Think about those who defend abortion.. then.. who knows, an epiphany may happen.

mark81150 on April 30, 2013 at 2:08 AM

It’s a crying shame Sage probably won’t bother looking at the rest of this thread. It’s easy to be civil to someone who at least wants to do the right thing. Sometimes that can be misguided, but I don’t consider it ghoulish.

gryphon202 on April 30, 2013 at 9:01 AM