Video: “Who runs toward a flaming truck that’s exploding?”
posted at 9:47 am on April 23, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Heroes do, even though the Hechtman brothers of Skokie, Illinois reject the term. They saved a woman and a young girl from dying in a truck fire, risking their own lives to rescue them — even as cars kept passing by the fire without helping (video may take a few seconds to load):
Be sure to read it all, but I especially liked the conclusion to this Chicago Tribune story:
Ken Hechtman said he doesn’t consider himself a hero. Everything just happened so fast, he said.
“Everyone keeps talking about ‘Hero, hero, hero,’” he said. “Now that I think about it, it was stupid. Who runs toward a flaming truck that’s exploding?”
Heroes do … and thank God for each and every one of them, including the Hechtman brothers.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen