Green Room

Video: A rousing rendition of the national anthem in Boston

posted at 11:02 am on April 18, 2013 by

An emotional night at the Bruins’ game, for obvious reasons.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

And the Sabres pull out a much needed win.

Best part of this clip is Thornton singing along. He’s Canadian.

matd on April 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Way to go Boston.

STL_Vet on April 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Stick it, terrorists!

Blake on April 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Boston Strong!!!

dddave on April 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM

America – puck yeh!!!

Shy Guy on April 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM

And the Sabres pull out a much needed win.

Best part of this clip is Thornton singing along. He’s Canadian.

matd on April 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

While Thornton was born in Canada he is just about as close to being a Bostonian than anyone born there. He lives in Charlestown (Boston suburb) and walks back and forth to the garden every game. He is a great guy and the Bruin fans love him for adopting Boston as his home. BTW, he is the only member of the B’s that lives in Boston year round. He can be seen walking around town with his family and never turns fans away fo a picture or autograph.

Boston did America proud at the game last night, glad it was nationally televised so everyone could see that.

As the local say, WICKED AWESOME!

D-fusit on April 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Man, is it ever dusty in this room…

Red Cloud on April 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I wish more people would sing the National Anthem. We don’t need some musical “artist” doing his or her rendition of it. This was fantastic.

yongoro on April 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

The national anthem sure sounds great when everyone remembers the reasons we sing it.

Chuckles3 on April 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM

It’s not been shown as much, but afterward BOTH teams came back on the ice together to salute the Boston fans. And rumor has it that the Sabres top forward, Thomas Vanek, was the one who went to the Boston bench to initiate that idea. …Another reason why I love hockey.

Warmongerer on April 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Okay, got tears in my eyes, guess I better take my lunch hour. God bless America!

lea on April 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I watched that live last night. Made me cry. Of course the anthem always makes me cry but that one really made the tears flow.

gophergirl on April 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I liked it – I also liked the CHicago Blackhawks version that went off the night of the bombing. No one does the anthem like they do, and when something terrible like this happens – they really ramp it up. And they did it for Boston and said so.

Zomcon JEM on April 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Man, I needed that. Thank God for America. Despite the 8 year respite we are currently enduring, this country will always be the world’s beacon of Freedom and Liberty.

NOMOBO on April 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM

yongoro on April 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Now that was a crowd that “gets it”. A rare thing in Obama’s America. I agree with most renditions of some “musical artists” but listen to the one below. It will knock your socks off.

SpiderMike on April 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

@SpiderMike
yes, they’re good. Actually I like Jim Cornelison best.
That’s the way it should be sung.

yongoro on April 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Marxists, socialists and leftists take note. This is the spirit that will awaken and burn without end if you try to take our country away from us. Be very, very afraid.

HiJack on April 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Top Pick

“It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel.”

“The blockade breached institutional values of freedom of expression and assembly.”

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game

“Inaction is not an option.”

“You have no feelings. You Christians are all racists.”