Green Room

Video: A rousing rendition of the national anthem in Boston

posted at 11:02 am on April 18, 2013 by

An emotional night at the Bruins’ game, for obvious reasons.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

And the Sabres pull out a much needed win.

Best part of this clip is Thornton singing along. He’s Canadian.

matd on April 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Way to go Boston.

STL_Vet on April 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Stick it, terrorists!

Blake on April 18, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Boston Strong!!!

dddave on April 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM

America – puck yeh!!!

Shy Guy on April 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM

And the Sabres pull out a much needed win.

Best part of this clip is Thornton singing along. He’s Canadian.

matd on April 18, 2013 at 11:17 AM

While Thornton was born in Canada he is just about as close to being a Bostonian than anyone born there. He lives in Charlestown (Boston suburb) and walks back and forth to the garden every game. He is a great guy and the Bruin fans love him for adopting Boston as his home. BTW, he is the only member of the B’s that lives in Boston year round. He can be seen walking around town with his family and never turns fans away fo a picture or autograph.

Boston did America proud at the game last night, glad it was nationally televised so everyone could see that.

As the local say, WICKED AWESOME!

D-fusit on April 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Man, is it ever dusty in this room…

Red Cloud on April 18, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I wish more people would sing the National Anthem. We don’t need some musical “artist” doing his or her rendition of it. This was fantastic.

yongoro on April 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

The national anthem sure sounds great when everyone remembers the reasons we sing it.

Chuckles3 on April 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM

It’s not been shown as much, but afterward BOTH teams came back on the ice together to salute the Boston fans. And rumor has it that the Sabres top forward, Thomas Vanek, was the one who went to the Boston bench to initiate that idea. …Another reason why I love hockey.

Warmongerer on April 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Okay, got tears in my eyes, guess I better take my lunch hour. God bless America!

lea on April 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I watched that live last night. Made me cry. Of course the anthem always makes me cry but that one really made the tears flow.

gophergirl on April 18, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I liked it – I also liked the CHicago Blackhawks version that went off the night of the bombing. No one does the anthem like they do, and when something terrible like this happens – they really ramp it up. And they did it for Boston and said so.

Zomcon JEM on April 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Man, I needed that. Thank God for America. Despite the 8 year respite we are currently enduring, this country will always be the world’s beacon of Freedom and Liberty.

NOMOBO on April 18, 2013 at 3:48 PM

yongoro on April 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Now that was a crowd that “gets it”. A rare thing in Obama’s America. I agree with most renditions of some “musical artists” but listen to the one below. It will knock your socks off.

SpiderMike on April 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

@SpiderMike
yes, they’re good. Actually I like Jim Cornelison best.
That’s the way it should be sung.

yongoro on April 18, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Marxists, socialists and leftists take note. This is the spirit that will awaken and burn without end if you try to take our country away from us. Be very, very afraid.

HiJack on April 18, 2013 at 11:24 PM