Green Room

Video: NRA has fun with Bloomberg group’s dumb, irresponsible gun-control ad

posted at 11:25 am on April 17, 2013 by

Via Moe Lane, you already know the problem here, but now a lot more people will know it too.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

SPANK!

CurtZHP on April 17, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Check out this ad.

NotCoach on April 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I love the “punch line” on this. Perhaps Bloomberg himself should sign up for a firearms safety course so he will at least have a clue what it is he is talking about.

tballard on April 17, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Awesome!

I just received my NRA certification in MD, so I’m good to go. Still hate the state, though….

nukemhill on April 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I is a fire arm expert and went skeet aimin’ with Barry (and hit a Bible!) (sarc). If it warn’t for this plaid ‘n hat, you’ld mistake me for a plant or sumpin’. Wait, wait…let me try this again with a plug of tobacco and Nascar on my hat.

trl on April 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

The gun guy may or may not be loaded. Naturally he has an old pickup, a beard, baseball cap, and lives in a rural setting. So much stupidity in so small a clip.

ultracon on April 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM

“My name is Mater… like tuh-mater, but without the ‘tuh.'”

Marcola on April 17, 2013 at 1:39 PM

trl on April 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Goldangit – ya’ll got it all wrong.
Ya don’t “went skeet aimin'” – youze supposed to “do some skeet”.
And that’s bein a “plug o terbacky”.
What in blazes kind o redneck is you is tryin ta be anyway?

I’m Jay Mohr, actor, and I approved this message…

dentarthurdent on April 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I wonder if Bloomberg could pass a background check.

Dusty on April 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I wonder if Bloomberg could pass a background sanity check.

Dusty on April 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM

FIFY.

BTW, the answer is No.

BlaxPac on April 18, 2013 at 12:01 AM

The guy is an actor. What self-respecting hick wouldn’t have a few empty cans of Keystone Light laying around and maybe a few chickens scratching in the dirt yard behind him?

tpitman on April 19, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Top Pick

Irreligion.

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”

Currently doing a search for “good international trade lawyers”

Ransomware attack spreads through Europe

John Sexton Jun 27, 2017 1:01 PM

“A massive ransomware campaign is currently unfolding worldwide.”

At least their address rarely changes

It just keeps on happening

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment