Three men expelled from Saudi Arabia for… being “too handsome”?
posted at 7:05 pm on April 17, 2013 by Erika Johnsen
Uhm… thanks goodness they caught that in time?
The delegates were reportedly ordered to leave an event in Saudi Arabia and then thrown out of the country because authorities thought their looks may corrupt young women.
Arabic newspaper Elaph said: ‘A festival official said the three Emiratis were taken out on the grounds they are too handsome and that the commission [for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices] members feared female visitors could fall for them.’
But the men have denied their dashing looks were to blame for them being deported and instead said authorities were concerned by a female artist they were travelling with.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation