Reid: We’re making good progress on that anti-gun legislation
posted at 11:58 am on April 16, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Talk about the mother of all Freudian slips! Harry Reid comes back for a do-over, but some might say that the first description was more accurate (via Ted Cruz’ office):
I’d buy the idea that this is actually an anti-gun violence bill, just as soon as anyone can explain how its provisions would have prevented Newtown or Tucson.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget