Green Room

Obama invites Newtown mom to deliver White House weekly address

posted at 3:03 pm on April 12, 2013 by

If the GOP doesn’t counter by inviting Amanda Collins or Melinda Herman to deliver theirs, they should quit politics.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

That would mean they have to know how to engage in political combat.
Good luck with that.

Amendment X on April 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM

You mean they haven’t already?

nobar on April 12, 2013 at 3:24 PM

They’re kinda dumb though so…

mrscullen on April 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM

With the testicularly bereft McConnell and Boehner leading them? Not a chance.

WarEagle01 on April 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Human shields.

You know who else uses human shields?

CurtZHP on April 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM

You know who else uses human shields?

CurtZHP on April 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I agree, but apparently AP thinks your side should too. Do you disagree then?

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM

You know who else uses human shields?

CurtZHP on April 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I agree, but apparently AP thinks your side should too. Do you disagree then?

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Did you seriously just post “Yes it’s horrible and why should your side also consider doing it?”

Wow.

rogerb on April 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM

How about an NRA response from the parents of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom?

M240H on April 12, 2013 at 4:06 PM

The troll apparently thinks I hang on every word that comes from the keyboard of an anonymous blogger (no offense to my gracious host). I didn’t realize one person suggesting it meant the whole conservative universe is on board. But then, I guess it’s easy to make that assumption when one is part of the liberal hive-mind.

I just hope when this issue falls back below the radar this poor woman isn’t simply discarded by her marxist handlers the way Cindy Sheehan was.

CurtZHP on April 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM

How about Mark Mattiolli a father of one of the kids killed in the Newtown shootings. Someone who is under media blackout because he is not for gun control and supports the NRA’s ideas.

Ugly all the way around. Has anyone else every given the White House address other than President. Just having someone else doing it could be a violation of some election laws and lobbying laws.

tjexcite on April 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I realize grief can make you do stupid things.
But honestly, though I’ve never lost a child, God forbid, IDK how I could live with myself if I used my dead child to make a political point.
$hit happens. And sometimes using the tragedy of one to educate others is needed.
But is it appropriate to use your child’s death to usurp the rights of other bcs you feel horrible?
As far as the right using these people, I think that would be disgusting.
What needs to be done is to educate people about Liberty & our history.
In the end, IDK how you can make people like being free.
It seems the natural human condition is to prefer being a slave.

Badger40 on April 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM

CurtZHP on April 12, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Of course she will be. Useful idiots quickly become useless idiots when they no long help the cause or the cause is achieved.

And before people get all in my face about calling her an idiot. Well, she is because she is letting them use her to their own ends and they don’t care a wit about her or her personal tragedy. That’s what a useful idiot is. A tool to be used and disposed of when no longer needed.

Dr. Frank Enstine on April 12, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I agree, but apparently AP thinks your side should too. Do you disagree then?

Can.I.be.in.the.anal.canal on April 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Think about AP’s response as more like this: “Look at what this dirtbag Obama is doing now. If this lowlife president wants to fight in the mud, we should respond in kind.”

crrr6 on April 12, 2013 at 4:40 PM

It seems the natural human condition is to prefer being a slave.

Badger40 on April 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Many people, far too many as far as I’m concerned don’t want to be blamed for life. They want to be able to say it isn’t my fault. This poor woman wants to blame somebody for this happening to her. The killer is dead so she cannot blame him so along comes some smooth talking a-hole with a cause and they say it isn’t her fault. It’s not even the killer’s fault. The fault lies with THEM. Who are they? Well that depends on the a-hole’s cause. Right now this poor woman has lot’s of a-holes with lots of different causes whispering in her ear.

Dr. Frank Enstine on April 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM

I see. Clear as crap.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 12, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I would like to know that actual listener count to his Saturday messages.

herm2416 on April 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I’d also get Suzanna Hupp, a survivor of the Luby’s massacre, to round out the trio.

ProfShadow on April 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Nah, the GOP leadership will just cower and whimper.

So this mother is going to tell us why her dead child is a reason for passing a law that would have made no difference at all in the tragedy? Somehow I don’t foresee honesty as being a large component of that message.

Socratease on April 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Do you know that more Americans died in Chicago in 2012 than in a country crawling with guns, Afghanistan? With Chicago, the majority of gun crimes were committed by black and hispanic citizens. Whites, still being the majority of the population committed less than 3 percent. Yet Mooch and Barry seek to exploit every opportunity involving guns and blame it on guns and continue to ignore the socio-economic reasons behind the murders. Does one stop to think for a moment that if we had a good economy where people had good jobs, an education system that didn’t fail our kids, and through more, not less, exposure to religion, we were taught to respect life and parents stayed around to raise the kids.. that we wouldn’t have such problems that we face today? But then again, Mooch and Barry will never let a good crisis go to waste, will they?

stuartm80127 on April 13, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Actually… the GOP should counter with somebody from the Gosnell tragedy and point out the similarities of that to Newtown and call for common sense regulation of abortion clinics.

Then match parallel legislation, move for move with the gun legislation. For every attack talking point on the abortion legislation, turn around and use it against the gun legislation.

Divert…

Skywise on April 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Dude is shameless.

ButterflyDragon on April 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM

A couple of years from now, O’bama and the rest of the Leftists cynically exploiting the Newtown horror solely for political “gain” won’t even remember this woman’s name.

Signed, Cindy Sheehan.

Del Dolemonte on April 13, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Best article about the subject yet: http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=219764

onlineanalyst on April 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I have no sympathy now for this woman. She’s dancing in the blood of her dead child. If she wishes to be a slave so be it. May posterity forget we were ever countrymen.

oryguncon on April 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Useful idiot.

long_cat on April 14, 2013 at 3:10 AM

She wants meaningless legislation, not an armed guard in the school who might actually be effective.

One more O-sucker being used by a Machiavellian slime.

profitsbeard on April 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Divert…

Skywise on April 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM

+10.

And I would add any sort of “common sense” or “reasonable control” on the 1st Amendment after we have a “serious conversation” about the media/4th estate/whatever we want.

Amendment X on April 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM