Green Room

Your tax dollars at work: Steve Cohen gives shout-out to Cyndi Lauper on House floor

posted at 1:08 pm on April 11, 2013 by

A career arc in progress. First he was known for being viciously demagogued by Democrats; then he was known for viciously demagoging Republicans; then he became known for the most bizarre Twitter “ILU” in history; and now he’ll be known for this. Good work, Tennessee.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Wait till I get to Congress.

Seth Halpern on April 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM

He bops.

Ronnie on April 11, 2013 at 1:33 PM

That one minute speech probably cost the nation $23,473.189.04. However, with the runaway waste that Congress endorses, my estimate may be too low.

Kingfisher on April 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

As the doomsday clock ticks closer to midnight due to the current NoKo idiot, I take solace in 1980′s pop music singers by thinking of Cyndi Lauper.

portlandon on April 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Democrats: Reading the US Constitution is dumb and expensive. However, this is perfectly okay!

joekenha on April 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I would have been impressed if he had died what little hair he had left a fluorescent pink.

Blake on April 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Cyndi Lauper wasn’t hot even 30 years ago. Cohen looks like the second ugliest mamber of congress (next to Waxman).

bw222 on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Cyndi Lauper looks and acts retarded. Can I say “retarded” anymore?

TarheelBen on April 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Ahhh, Cyndi is the bomb. Obama is a bomb. Cohen is just a bum.

ironked on April 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Leave it to Memphis to elect vicious politicians without fail. The last somewhat ok guy in that position was Harold Ford Jr. His father ease a vicious racist who once told me I was a” white devil out east” as in then predominantly white east Memphis.

simkeith on April 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM