Green Room

Photo: Spring in Minnesota

posted at 9:21 am on April 11, 2013 by

I woke up a couple of times overnight hearing the wind blow what I thought was snow against my window.  I was wrong; it was actually an ice storm.  The snow didn’t start until afterward, leaving us with this weather three weeks after the start of spring:

mn-snow

Global warming.  It’s what’s for breakfast.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

It looked like that here in the mountains of western PA until three days ago.

petefrt on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM

The storm guys at Co St have already predicted a way worse than average Atlantic storm season with 18 named hurricanes due to a lesser El Nino effect unless El Nino gets stronger in that case we’ll have fewer hurricanes and Florida is due to be hit since it hasn’t had a hit since 2005. Wow do they have all the bases covered or not.

Kissmygrits on April 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I am soooo looking forward to GoreBull Warmin’…

ExpressoBold on April 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Al Gore was not available for comment.

BobMbx on April 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM

It really seems like this Winter has been going on forever.

Ice like that is the absolute worst. Been pretty lucky here in the NYC area this past week…nice warm, sunny weather until today. Already Spring mulched around the homestead, bought a bunch of perennial bulbs but I’m waiting until the first week in May to put ’em in.

JetBoy on April 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM

A) This is weather, not climate!

B) Harsher winters are actually an example of Global Warming!

C) If you disagree, I’ll beat you over the head with my Hockey Stick!

Chris of Rights on April 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM

It’s “global climate change” now. Get with the program. Oh yeah, and your snow was caused by it. Just ask Algore.

Youngs98 on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Thanks Ed.

I feel much better about the cooler weather here in Utah were it’s only snowing in the mountains.

gwelf on April 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Well, don’t let it evaporate. We’re getting enough rain here in WNY as it is.

Dusty on April 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM

4+ inches of snow at my place, and I was riding my motorcycle just last week; happy times!

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

84 and sunny here in SW FL. 😉

Common Sense Floridian on April 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It’s hard to decide what’s more crazy here in MN: our weather or our politicians.

IR-MN on April 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

IR-MN on April 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Or the Gorons who vote for said politicians.

Steve Eggleston on April 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I guess Minnesotans are diggin this alarming warming trend this Spring…

workingclass artist on April 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I read the comments expecting to see ALT chime in with yesterday’s snowstorm in Lubbock, TX. In the Permian Basin we had a hard freeze last night. Not exactly common.

Oleta on April 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I wouldn’t hold my breath. They might be able to make fools of themselves up there, but here in the Caribbean we know full well that we are at an historic low in terms of hurricane activity. Last year, we didn’t have a single hurricane. The year before that, none of them made landfall. The year before, only one did serious damage and that’s because it hit Haiti, where someone blowing out their birthday candles, supposing they could afford such a thing, would knock half the city over. Last year when the drought was Proof of Global Warming we had unusually pleasant temperatures and slightly more rain than normal. The same seems to be holding true so far this year. Remember a hurricane can’t get to you without passing me, and I haven’t seen anything but calm seas and bright skies for a while now.

JoseQuinones on April 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I guess Minnesotans are diggin this alarming warming trend this Spring…

workingclass artist on April 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Actually we are shoveling it.

jpmn on April 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Sunny and 75 degrees at my vacation timeshare in San Diego… off to Sea World!!

Khun Joe on April 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Stupid ground hog.

NoDonkey on April 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Top Pick

“Trump is good for business right now.”

Top Pick

Start spreading the news…

“Now it’s time for the next step.”

A “cryptic” warning to Bashar al-Assad?

Jazz Shaw Jun 27, 2017 8:01 AM

The three strikes rule may be in effect

CNN reporters resign over retracted story

John Sexton Jun 26, 2017 9:21 PM

“The individuals all stated that they accepted responsibility and wanted to resign.”

Federalism’s greatest champion is now …

Ed Morrissey Jun 26, 2017 8:41 PM

“In the end, we’re a democracy.”

“Almost all controversial speech harms people, upsets or offends them…”

Obama: Back home again in Indonesia

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 7:21 PM

The call to prayer and eating dog.

Testing the waters.

“primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.”

“If I were a Seattle lawmaker, I would be thinking hard about the $15 an hour phase-in.”

Days of future past

“Not only are taxpayers footing the bill, but people are dying unnecessarily because of this.”

Israel settles who can stand where at the Western Wall

Andrew Malcolm Jun 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Women to the right, men to the left.

Look on the bright side. There’s less snow in the summer

Big win … but for how long?

“Several Russian cities have unveiled monuments to Stalin in recent months.”

Massive disappointment

Emboldened conservative wing?

It’s more about the powers of the Presidency at this point

A second look at paper ballots?

Jazz Shaw Jun 26, 2017 10:41 AM

Low tech solutions to high tech crime

No extra beatings required, thanks

A “”massive, massive f*** up…”

This is totally amazing!

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began