Green Room

Photo: Spring in Minnesota

posted at 9:21 am on April 11, 2013 by

I woke up a couple of times overnight hearing the wind blow what I thought was snow against my window.  I was wrong; it was actually an ice storm.  The snow didn’t start until afterward, leaving us with this weather three weeks after the start of spring:

mn-snow

Global warming.  It’s what’s for breakfast.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

It looked like that here in the mountains of western PA until three days ago.

petefrt on April 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM

The storm guys at Co St have already predicted a way worse than average Atlantic storm season with 18 named hurricanes due to a lesser El Nino effect unless El Nino gets stronger in that case we’ll have fewer hurricanes and Florida is due to be hit since it hasn’t had a hit since 2005. Wow do they have all the bases covered or not.

Kissmygrits on April 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I am soooo looking forward to GoreBull Warmin’…

ExpressoBold on April 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Al Gore was not available for comment.

BobMbx on April 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM

It really seems like this Winter has been going on forever.

Ice like that is the absolute worst. Been pretty lucky here in the NYC area this past week…nice warm, sunny weather until today. Already Spring mulched around the homestead, bought a bunch of perennial bulbs but I’m waiting until the first week in May to put ’em in.

JetBoy on April 11, 2013 at 10:28 AM

A) This is weather, not climate!

B) Harsher winters are actually an example of Global Warming!

C) If you disagree, I’ll beat you over the head with my Hockey Stick!

Chris of Rights on April 11, 2013 at 10:29 AM

It’s “global climate change” now. Get with the program. Oh yeah, and your snow was caused by it. Just ask Algore.

Youngs98 on April 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Thanks Ed.

I feel much better about the cooler weather here in Utah were it’s only snowing in the mountains.

gwelf on April 11, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Well, don’t let it evaporate. We’re getting enough rain here in WNY as it is.

Dusty on April 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM

4+ inches of snow at my place, and I was riding my motorcycle just last week; happy times!

Bishop on April 11, 2013 at 11:23 AM

84 and sunny here in SW FL. 😉

Common Sense Floridian on April 11, 2013 at 11:32 AM

It’s hard to decide what’s more crazy here in MN: our weather or our politicians.

IR-MN on April 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

IR-MN on April 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Or the Gorons who vote for said politicians.

Steve Eggleston on April 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I guess Minnesotans are diggin this alarming warming trend this Spring…

workingclass artist on April 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I read the comments expecting to see ALT chime in with yesterday’s snowstorm in Lubbock, TX. In the Permian Basin we had a hard freeze last night. Not exactly common.

Oleta on April 11, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I wouldn’t hold my breath. They might be able to make fools of themselves up there, but here in the Caribbean we know full well that we are at an historic low in terms of hurricane activity. Last year, we didn’t have a single hurricane. The year before that, none of them made landfall. The year before, only one did serious damage and that’s because it hit Haiti, where someone blowing out their birthday candles, supposing they could afford such a thing, would knock half the city over. Last year when the drought was Proof of Global Warming we had unusually pleasant temperatures and slightly more rain than normal. The same seems to be holding true so far this year. Remember a hurricane can’t get to you without passing me, and I haven’t seen anything but calm seas and bright skies for a while now.

JoseQuinones on April 11, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I guess Minnesotans are diggin this alarming warming trend this Spring…

workingclass artist on April 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Actually we are shoveling it.

jpmn on April 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Sunny and 75 degrees at my vacation timeshare in San Diego… off to Sea World!!

Khun Joe on April 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Stupid ground hog.

NoDonkey on April 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Top Pick

“It would be catastrophic if the President were to fire the special counsel.”

“The blockade breached institutional values of freedom of expression and assembly.”

“I hope to encourage them to take personal responsibility…”

“I ain’t serving no police”

“I think a lot of Trump’s voters have as one of their primary objectives just stopping the cultural corruption that’s taking place.”

“Don’t take away my health care or you die.”

“We must all do our best to get rid of this tyrant.”

Rosenstein: Comey broke with DoJ norms on memo leak.

“Nobody has ever accused me of pulling any weapon on them.”

“Fourteen people had stab wounds, cuts and bruises, with two of the injured surviving critical stab wounds.”

Okay… you first.

“We should repeal it and replace, and we shouldn’t leave town until this is complete.”

“He feels like he is being thrown under the bus …”

“McCain has always been a fighter”

Ed Morrissey Jul 20, 2017 8:41 AM

“Cancer doesn’t know what it’s up against.”

They may be on to something

How capitalism averted the bee-pocalypse

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 9:31 PM

“there are more honeybee colonies in the country today than in nearly 25 years.”

CBO releases estimate on Obamacare repeal

John Sexton Jul 19, 2017 8:31 PM

“The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 17 million in 2018, compared with the number under current law.”

Kasich: Fix Obamacare with more spending

Jason Hart Jul 19, 2017 8:01 PM

Ohio Gov. John Kasich wants Congress to “fix” Obamacare’s insurance exchanges with more federal spending

“This is a momentous decision.”

“One was told that she—her skin was too light and that she needed to listen to people of darker colored skin…”

Disruptor?

Time off without pay for play

The new DOJ guidelines on asset forfeiture are obscene

Taylor Millard Jul 19, 2017 5:01 PM

Guilty until proven innocent.

“We’re just wondering what happened there.”

“This is an attempt at a political intervention.”

The blame game

“Inaction is not an option.”

“You have no feelings. You Christians are all racists.”