Employer that pays women 13% less celebrating National Equal Pay Day
posted at 9:02 am on April 9, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Hey, at least it’s an improvement. In 2011, Barack Obama paid female staffers at the White House 18% less than the men:
President Barack Obama officially declared Tuesday “National Equal Pay Day,” symbolically marking how much extra work women supposedly must perform to reach pay parity with men. …
A January Daily Caller analysis of the gender-pay disparities in the Obama White House revealed that while the women comprised approximately 50 percent of the White House staff in 2012, the median salary for female staffers was 13 percent less than the median salary of male staffers. (RELATED: Read the analysis)
The 13-percent disparity was an improvement from the 2011 disparity of 18 percent that a Washington Free Beacon analysis revealed – and both are better than the national average.
Talk is cheap. When Obama puts his money where his mouth is, then I’ll be impressed.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained