Green Room

Attention, Coloradans

posted at 10:37 pm on April 9, 2013 by

I’m in Boulder this week for the 65th annual Conference on World Affairs, put on the the University of Colorado.  For any Hot Air regulars who may live in the Centennial State, I’ll be the lone conservative voice on two controversial panels on Wednesday afternoon.  If you’re familiar with the politics of Boulder, neither of these inflammatory titles will surprise you:

Republicans Ravage Reproductive Rights

UMC Center Ballroom
Panelists:
Margot Adler
Monika Bauerlein
Guy Benson
Colin Goddard

These events are free and open to the public.  Conservative support would be greatly appreciated.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

You should get hazard pay for this.

portlandon on April 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Yeah, good luck with that.

squint on April 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM

Be prepared to be dismissed entirely on the abortion panel (really, let’s call it what it is) because you’re not female.

Wish I could be there!

tdpwells on April 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM

If I was still living there, I’d go for sure. Good luck!

JackForce on April 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I’m currently a grad student at University of Denver taking online courses. The amount of tripe junk email I get from the Chancellor, Student Government, Student Life and such get my dander up. It’s a good thing I live in St. Louis and not Denver… though sometimes I still question why I picked DU instead of Northwest Missouri State for their online program…

Most universities are so full of ninnies anyway, probably wouldn’t have made a difference for me.

Grr.

More power to you Mr. Benson, I don’t know that I’d be able to maintain my composure during those events.

That said, doing so would be a bit of “naughty” fun, watching the loonie left seething and raging as you sit calmly and commentate or respond forthrightly with a smile.

Like heaping hot coals on their heads… “kill” them with kindness.

Logus on April 10, 2013 at 12:55 AM

You are a brave soul. Talk about a lion’s den!

lilacs on April 10, 2013 at 7:06 AM

Hang in there buddy…

cmsinaz on April 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Work the Gosnell story into the conversation. Ask them if this is the answer they can get behind. Then when you get to guns, ask if their recently passed gun laws make them feel safer. Facts and reality have a way of interfering with their nice tidy world.

Kissmygrits on April 10, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Work the recent mass stabbing incident at a college.

Gun free zone?!

Whoopie woo.

Malignant people with bad intent will do what they can with what they have, laws shmaws.

Logus on April 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

You should get hazard pay for this.

portlandon on April 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Seconded. Throw in the extra scratch they toss to EOD teams in Afghanistan.

Red Cloud on April 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Wear your Kevlar…

Khun Joe on April 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Khun Joe on April 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Or a hazmat suit… at least a gas mask or a token dust mask and latex gloves.

😀

Logus on April 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Guy, every sentence on the abortion rights panel should include “Gosnell” and “Filthy instruments that no one inspected because abortion clinics are considered too politically correct to inspect — even if that means girls die.”

I guarantee you that if you start talking about filthy instruments being used in abortion clinics, the girls in the audience will grow pale with horror. Address their self interest rather than the idea that they’re killing a human life. They don’t understand that (hopefully they will, but if they’re in the audience in Boulder likely not). But dirty instruments being shoved up their private parts? You’ll have their attention, sir. You will indeed.

bonnie_ on April 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Since you are sharing a panel with the co_editor of Mother Jones magazine (Monika Bauerlein) why not take a run at her about bugging a politician’s office and publishing the results. Ask her if Nixon was right.

Blaise on April 10, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Good luck, Guy! You could start with the titles alone, why people on the Left have to demonize everyone they disagree with.

John the Libertarian on April 10, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Light up a few joints while you’re there, and pass them around – you’ll instantly be their best friend.

dentarthurdent on April 10, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Monika and Guy seem to be everywhere.

unclesmrgol on April 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I hope you have your concealed carry permit, Guy.

Violence is common from the radical left.

Alberta_Patriot on April 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I wish I could have made that. Colorado is so screwed. The DumbacRats have both chambers and the governorship, and this year they’re running the table for a complete progressive agenda. Three gun laws, civil unions for gays, in-state tuition for illegal immigrant children, drivers licenses for illegals, abolish the death penalty, same day voter registration and God knows what else they’ll come up with in the next couple of months. We are well and truly Californicated.

lfwest on April 10, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Ask them at the “Reproductive Rights” session if Herman Gosnell is putting a surprise appearance.

NoPain on April 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM

+1000

why would you even try to reason with a bunch of stoned hypocrites that have their heads so far up their ass they need a glass naval to see out with?

D.Mockracy on April 10, 2013 at 9:29 PM

McConnell may not get his wish on health care vote

Taylor Millard Jun 25, 2017 7:31 PM
Top Pick

Senate leadership wants a vote this week, others say, “Negative, Ghost Rider.”

Top Pick

Helping others without the government.

“…the reality is the reality.”

These kiosks don’t make $15 per hour or need benefits

Going for the record

“We will answer them on the field”

Taking it to the limit

Sunday morning talking heads

Jazz Shaw Jun 25, 2017 8:01 AM

Health care and tweeting and Russia, oh my!

Will they stay or will they go?

I can’t imagine what I was thinking when I said that

Rocking the boat majorly

Big government never contracts. It only grows more powerful

It’s only a “ban” until it becomes inconvenient

The decline and fall of Obamacare and the AHCA

Jazz Shaw Jun 24, 2017 8:31 AM

This was all over before it began

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…