So I got this in the mail today …
posted at 7:07 pm on April 2, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
… apparently because tomorrow is my 50th birthday, which thanks to Facebook is hardly a secret. As if that wasn’t bad enough, I popped this open a few minutes ago:
I’m not going to be taking advantage of this offer, thankyewverahmuch. For one thing, I don’t particularly care for AARP’s politics, but for another, I don’t plan on retiring soon … if at all.
It’s one thing to know you’re turning 50. It’s another thing entirely to see your Official Old Fart Card arrive in the mail. I’ll be at the bar drinking heavily for the rest of this evening if anyone needs me.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style