So I got this in the mail today …
posted at 7:07 pm on April 2, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
… apparently because tomorrow is my 50th birthday, which thanks to Facebook is hardly a secret. As if that wasn’t bad enough, I popped this open a few minutes ago:
I’m not going to be taking advantage of this offer, thankyewverahmuch. For one thing, I don’t particularly care for AARP’s politics, but for another, I don’t plan on retiring soon … if at all.
It’s one thing to know you’re turning 50. It’s another thing entirely to see your Official Old Fart Card arrive in the mail. I’ll be at the bar drinking heavily for the rest of this evening if anyone needs me.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation