Green Room

Reminder: Choose your roommates carefully

posted at 9:20 am on March 28, 2013 by

And, er, don’t leave permanent markers lying around the apartment, either. A Washington DC man not only ended up with something other than egg on his face, he also ended up in jail when he found he’d chosen his roommate … poorly:

An Arlington man is behind bars after allegedly attacking his roommate for drawing a penis on his face with permanent marker while he was asleep.

Police say the attack happened around 5:30 a.m. on March 23 when James Denham Watson, 31, awoke to find the crude drawing on his left cheek. Watson, of the 3100 block of N. 17th Street, then allegedly attacked his roommate who sustained extensive injuries to his face.

Via Elizabeth Price Foley at Instapundit, who notes that the mug shot is definitely worth a look. Another roommate drove the artist to the hospital, where he pressed charges for the beating.  I’m betting, though, that any jury that looks at this picture will have a difficult time convicting Watson of any serious crime, and probably have difficulty keeping a straight face.

I wonder exactly how much alcohol was involved in this incident…

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Given current TV network quality standards, if “The Odd Couple” was still on today, they’d use this as a story line (and Chuck Lorre may still figure out a way for Sheldon to do this to Leonard on “The Big Bang Theory”).

jon1979 on March 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Precisely why I almost always wear sandals

blammm on March 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM

jon1979 on March 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Well, it’s not exactly original. This also took place in the movie Ten Things I Hate About You, although not to someone who was asleep.

Ed Morrissey on March 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Wow, I remember people doing this as freshmen & sophomores in college, but I guess some people didn’t outgrow that.

22044 on March 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM

This happened to me once. When I woke up the next morning and went through the McDonald’s drive-thru I still had the marker penis on my face, which I only discovered after returning home.

steebo77 on March 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM

He should be grateful it wasn’t a tattoo.

John the Libertarian on March 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Justifiable beat down.

If I was the judge, I would drop the assault charges and require “the artist” to have a temporary “I’m a moron” tattoo plastered across his face.

LoganSix on March 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I agree with LoganSix… Justifiable beat down.

Taking a PERMANENT marker to someone else’s face while they are sleeping with the point of denigrating them in public is assault and battery. So the marker-man doesn’t like showing his messed up face in public? Maybe he shouldn’t have messed up the first guy’s face.

I think this comment thread should be re-titled… “Reminder: Don’t be a dumbass”

dominigan on March 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM