Green Room

Reminder: Choose your roommates carefully

posted at 9:20 am on March 28, 2013 by

And, er, don’t leave permanent markers lying around the apartment, either. A Washington DC man not only ended up with something other than egg on his face, he also ended up in jail when he found he’d chosen his roommate … poorly:

An Arlington man is behind bars after allegedly attacking his roommate for drawing a penis on his face with permanent marker while he was asleep.

Police say the attack happened around 5:30 a.m. on March 23 when James Denham Watson, 31, awoke to find the crude drawing on his left cheek. Watson, of the 3100 block of N. 17th Street, then allegedly attacked his roommate who sustained extensive injuries to his face.

Via Elizabeth Price Foley at Instapundit, who notes that the mug shot is definitely worth a look. Another roommate drove the artist to the hospital, where he pressed charges for the beating.  I’m betting, though, that any jury that looks at this picture will have a difficult time convicting Watson of any serious crime, and probably have difficulty keeping a straight face.

I wonder exactly how much alcohol was involved in this incident…

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Given current TV network quality standards, if “The Odd Couple” was still on today, they’d use this as a story line (and Chuck Lorre may still figure out a way for Sheldon to do this to Leonard on “The Big Bang Theory”).

jon1979 on March 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Precisely why I almost always wear sandals

blammm on March 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM

jon1979 on March 28, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Well, it’s not exactly original. This also took place in the movie Ten Things I Hate About You, although not to someone who was asleep.

Ed Morrissey on March 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Wow, I remember people doing this as freshmen & sophomores in college, but I guess some people didn’t outgrow that.

22044 on March 28, 2013 at 10:34 AM

This happened to me once. When I woke up the next morning and went through the McDonald’s drive-thru I still had the marker penis on my face, which I only discovered after returning home.

steebo77 on March 28, 2013 at 10:53 AM

He should be grateful it wasn’t a tattoo.

John the Libertarian on March 28, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Justifiable beat down.

If I was the judge, I would drop the assault charges and require “the artist” to have a temporary “I’m a moron” tattoo plastered across his face.

LoganSix on March 28, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I agree with LoganSix… Justifiable beat down.

Taking a PERMANENT marker to someone else’s face while they are sleeping with the point of denigrating them in public is assault and battery. So the marker-man doesn’t like showing his messed up face in public? Maybe he shouldn’t have messed up the first guy’s face.

I think this comment thread should be re-titled… “Reminder: Don’t be a dumbass”

dominigan on March 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM
Top Pick

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Top Pick

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”