Reminder: Choose your roommates carefully
posted at 9:20 am on March 28, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
And, er, don’t leave permanent markers lying around the apartment, either. A Washington DC man not only ended up with something other than egg on his face, he also ended up in jail when he found he’d chosen his roommate … poorly:
An Arlington man is behind bars after allegedly attacking his roommate for drawing a penis on his face with permanent marker while he was asleep.
Police say the attack happened around 5:30 a.m. on March 23 when James Denham Watson, 31, awoke to find the crude drawing on his left cheek. Watson, of the 3100 block of N. 17th Street, then allegedly attacked his roommate who sustained extensive injuries to his face.
Via Elizabeth Price Foley at Instapundit, who notes that the mug shot is definitely worth a look. Another roommate drove the artist to the hospital, where he pressed charges for the beating. I’m betting, though, that any jury that looks at this picture will have a difficult time convicting Watson of any serious crime, and probably have difficulty keeping a straight face.
I wonder exactly how much alcohol was involved in this incident…
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained