Green Room

“Hancock Inc.” or “Not So Majestic”

posted at 6:15 pm on March 26, 2013 by

HaHancockBanner

NotSoMajestic

Click the image for the full archive

____

Our apologies for not getting a comic up in a while, but our normal day jobs have been conspiring to keep us from the comic for a bit.  Hopefully we’ll be getting back on track with the normal schedule shortly, so check back often.  Or follow us on Twitter @hancockinc or on Facebook for updates!

Fortunately we do have this quick one today with our take on Jim Carrey’s recent foray into the gun rights debate.  Clearly Carrey must be an incredible actor to play a character who so ardently defends the Constitution and the Bill of Rights before Congress in The Majestic if he’s so opposed to people who do the same for the 2nd Amendment.  That or the script left out the part about the right to bear arms not being infringed.  Tell us which you think it is in the comments!

(Also, if you haven’t seen The Majestic it is actually a pretty decent film despite being blatant Oscar Bait.)
-CT & Jett

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

This comic plumbs new depths of lame. I don’t know why I keep coming back to see the latest.

The Rogue Tomato on March 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM

It’s the hope, the desperate hope that this time there will be something clever and/or amusing. Disappointed again.

FOWG1 on March 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I haven’t seen the movie, so I didn’t initially get the joke. But I really like the details in the artwork. Very colorful.

Concerning the other comments: Hey guys, we should support conservative comic writers… All 3 of them. But in all seriousness, we really do need more conservatives in entertainment, to convey the value of freedom.

I actually made a few ‘comic’ short animations to put on YouTube a couple years back… (You can check both of them out on my website if you are interested) It’s a surprising amount of work to create comedic material, and then to draw it. It ended up consuming days to make just the artwork for each 3 minute video.

Thank you for taking the time to make comics, guys!

Nephew Sam on March 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM

What happened to Day by Day?

Al in St. Lou on March 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

What happened to Day by Day?

Al in St. Lou on March 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I know. Day by Day isn’t laugh-out-loud funny, but it’s often clever, and it has semi-developed characters. And if you don’t appreciate any of that, at least it has cartoon babes. Hancock is pure fail.

The Rogue Tomato on March 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Day by Day is still there >>> in the sidebar. Hancock hasn’t been around long enough for the characters to be very developed yet. Give it some time to do that, and maybe you’ll like it.

The Monster on March 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM

It’s observational humor. If you don’t appreciate it or get it, don’t read it.

Blake on March 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Hey Jett, have you tried unbolding the text in your comics? It can be a little hard to read on some monitors as the letters are so close together and boldy like. Or enlarge the text, idk. Maybe it’s just me, but I have 20/20 and your comic is the only one I have a hard time reading.

Free Constitution on March 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

The Rogue Tomato on March 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM

This is definitely lacking in extremely eroticized characters!

Free Constitution on March 27, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Free Constitution on March 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM

How is it for you on the main Hancock site? One of the problems we’ve had is that we’re stuck to a 560 px width image at HotAir so it ends up getting shrunken here a tad more than we’d prefer. With lots of text like this one has, it can be problematic.

On the Hancock site it’s 600px which is more reasonable, and we’re looking at possibly making that larger so that the font is better.

CrankyTRex on March 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM

How is it for you on the main Hancock site?

That’s noticably better. FWIW, I think it’s because the text is both in italics and bold. Because I’m partially ocd I compared the text to DaybyDay’s; and yeah, it’s the italics mainly :D

Free Constitution on March 27, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Hmm, went through a bunch of the older ones I remember having a little trouble reading. Those weren’t italicized. Maybe it’s just the boldness in the font, or probably it’s just me.

Free Constitution on March 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Free Constitution on March 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM

It’s actually not in Italics; it’s just how the font is designed to look, unless you’re just referring to how the text is angled up/down depending on the bubble direction.

This one at least is bolded though, but I’m not sure about some of the others as Jett has been experimenting with different adjustments to see how we can squeeze more legibility out of it. Pretty much any font we’ve played with tends to get messy if we have to go down to the 8-9ish size to fit text.

It’s also teaching me to be somewhat less verbose that I normally would be so that we have fewer words in the first place. :-)

CrankyTRex on March 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM