Ace Ventura: Gun rights hypocrite?
posted at 3:03 pm on March 25, 2013 by Guy Benson
“A tommy gun!”
I struggled to stifle a little chuckle at the 1:35 mark. What sort of message does that performance send to The Children, Jim? Also, I must ask, do we possess DVD’s of bloody movies, or do they possess us? Since the Sandy Hook tragedy is the key touchstone for the recent spate of gun control measures, isn’t it also relevant that the shooter was reportedly addicted to gory video games? Just spitballing here, but maybe entertainment is the primary culprit in all of this, not firearms. If stars are going to participate in moral crusades against one element of the bill of rights, perhaps they should have to explain why their lucrative freedoms ought not be infringed.* Remember: Evidence of causation, statistical data, and the efficacy of proposed remedies aren’t relevant. All that counts is a strong conviction that we must “do something.” Come to think of it, ”funny or die” seems like an inherently violent slogan, doesn’t it? Time to convene the ban squad.
*No, I don’t actually believe this.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation