Green Room

Phew: Obama reveals 2013 NCAA brackets

posted at 1:04 pm on March 20, 2013 by

As I mentioned yesterday, I was beginning to worry he might not grace us with his picks this year.  An anxious nation can now rest easy; the president has picked the Hooisers to go all the way.  Clutch, baby:

“I know it’s not, uh, a surprise pick.”

Obama is now five for five on delivering timely NCAA brackets.  The same can only be said for an (unprecedented) 20 percent of his budgets.  This year’s version is already six weeks late, and counting.  For what it’s worth, I concur with three of his Final Four picks, the national championship match-up, and the ultimate winner.  Go Big Ten.  I’ll leave you with this, via the Republican Study Committee:

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Pivot to playtime.

M240H on March 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM

What an embarrassment. Love how ESPN touts his picks as if they’re the Sermon on the Mount, too.

changer1701 on March 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Priorities

cmsinaz on March 20, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I remember when ESPN showed sports highlights. Now it’s nearly unwatchable. ESPN has become the MTV of sports.

midgeorgian on March 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM

He picks nothing but chalk.

TarheelBen on March 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Now how about revealing facts about Benghazi or the budget.

cat-scratch on March 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Yes. ESPN should hire the worst person in the world. It’s not like they could suck any harder.

M240H on March 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Ole ‘celebrity in chief’ can’t come up with a budget, but the March Madness picks are in.

RdLake on March 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Kansas Jayhawks all the way! That said, it’s appalling what the president’s priorities are. Yet, he knows the majority of the people of this country are very shallow.

This country reminds me more and more of the movie “Idiocracy,” which fuses entertainment and politics. In the future of the movie, the populace is dumbed down, swallowing any slogan the politicians throw at them, while the country itself falls apart. Sounds like current days. Millionaires and Billionaires, War on Women, Koch Brothers, etc.

In the movie, the time-traveling character Joe says: “For the last time, I’m pretty sure what’s killing the crops is this Brawndo stuff.”

Secretary of State says: “But Brawndo’s got what plants crave. It’s got electrolytes.”

All of the citizens parrot the same slogan.

Commonsense13 on March 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I think the bigger question is who has the time to fill out a women’s bracket?

blammm on March 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

It makes his inability to focus that more pronounced.

itsspideyman on March 20, 2013 at 5:06 PM

midgeorgian on March 20, 2013 at 1:24 PM

You mean you don’t care to know what Obama thinks about what’s going on in sports or what Lebron James’ latest tweet is?

The Notorious G.O.P on March 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM

The world is safe for another year.

NavyMustang on March 20, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Commonsense13 on March 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I love that documen…I mean movie. The President is the greatest. A cross between James Brown and GI Joe.

NavyMustang on March 20, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Whew… I was worried that this would be a victim of the sequester!

malclave on March 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM

You know, I really thought IU had a shot this year, but given his loan policies, is it actually possible for Obama to pick a winner?

FlareCorran on March 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Lovely. No budget but Barry’s Bracket picks are set.

paulus1 on March 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM

How about this worthless dolt do some welfare, unemployment, structural decrease in workforce, disability brackets instead? Maybe a contest to see which one will destroy America and win the Obama Award?

pat on March 21, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Loser picking losers.

Bitter Clinger on March 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM

No Frozen Four picks? We college hockey junkies are a little upset. Not really. I’m glad he doesn’t follow our sport.

Hat Trick on March 21, 2013 at 12:17 PM

the president has picked the Hooisers to go all the way

So, I’m guessing the Hoosiers lose in the first round then.

LoganSix on March 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Pope Francis has picked Georgetown, Gonzaga, Creighton, and Marquette to make the Final Four.

/kidding, with a hat-tip to CatholicMemes.com

JimLennon on March 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM