Photo: When in Rome ….
posted at 5:44 pm on March 19, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
… do as the Romans do! After missing each other a couple of times during the conclave, I finally got a chance to run into Catholic blogger Father Z, Fr. John Zuhlsdorf. Fr. Z decided to take me in hand and show me around the Borgo Pio just outside the Vatican late this afternoon, teaching me the local customs after giving me an extended tour of the features of St. Peter’s Square.
After momentarily bumping into George Weigel, we started off at a small shop and had Crodinos, a bittersweet citrus apertif that matched perfectly with the potato chips that Fr. Z said are de rigueur with the drink. We then set off in search of a bakery that sold bigne de San Giuseppe, a pastry filled with yellow custard made especially for the Feast Day of St. Joseph, which was today. Here are Father Z and me, enjoying this traditional Italian delight on its traditional day:
I’m sure going to miss Rome when I leave.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style
- Good news from Piers Morgan: Obama’s a perfect physical specimen