Fame is fleeting, but cool apparently lasts forever
posted at 11:47 am on March 17, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I saw this ad in several places in Rome, and I had to capture it for posterity:
I believe it translates to something like, “What would Fonzie do in my position?” It looks like a one-man standup comedy show. It’s interesting that The Fonz (aka Henry Winkler in his Happy Days gig) is enough of a cultural icon of cool in Italy that his name gets the largest font size — and red color, to boot — in the ad. Fonzie even gets bigger billing than the performer.
Now that’s cool.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style