Green Room

Video: Guy Benson goofs on Trump at CPAC

posted at 1:57 pm on March 15, 2013 by

I didn’t think anyone there would have the stones to channel conservative contempt for Trump, but here’s Guy proving me wrong on the big stage.

Remember how eager Romney seemed for Trump’s endorsement last year? Hmmm.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

“Orange vote” and no mention of Charlie Crist?

steebo77 on March 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I guess Guy isn’t going to be on Celebrity Apprentice any time soon.

simkeith on March 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Major tone-switch from Benson to Santorum there.

Stoic Patriot on March 15, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Good for Benson- Trump is a joke who only cares about promoting himself.

Scotsman on March 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I’m missing the logic here.

Trump, like him or not, was an invited guest at the conference.

Guy Benson, a solid reporter and usually the embodiment of class, comes out and rips him – in an obvious bomb with audience – as a way of introducing Rick Santorum?

What he]] was the point in that?

aquaviva on March 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I’m missing the logic here.

Trump, like him or not, was an invited guest at the conference.

What he]] was the point in that?

aquaviva on March 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I heard several bouts of applause really, so I’d hardly call it an obvious bomb. And I don’t think its in poor taste to rip a man who has a history of giving the Conservative movement a bad name.

vegconservative on March 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM

That was just awful and painful. Santorum, as always, was just horrible.

Punchenko on March 15, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Love Guy’s take down of Trump’s invite to CPAC.

So, next year does Guy or Donald not get invited?

ButterflyDragon on March 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM

What he]] was the point in that?

aquaviva on March 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

The point was obvious. Guy doesn’t want conservatives at CPAC to be painted with the birther brush. He made it obvious Trump is on his own with that birther crap.

Guy nipped it in the bud.

ButterflyDragon on March 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Guy Benson has a good strong speaking voice.

bluegill on March 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Watched Guy Benson, wondering ‘Is it the jokes?‘ Nah. They were okay (though at least one unexpected riff on Mr. Trump would’ve been refreshing). His delivery simply seemed rushed and a beat or two “off”. Handsome, charming young chap to be sure. Some people just don’t have teh funny.

Rick Santorum surprised me. I finally “got” what Husband & Dad-In-Law saw in him. Still don’t particularly like him, but the man is a True Believer who, I suspect, sees himself as “Next In Line”.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

When I tried to watch Guy, the pop-up videos on the side bar are playing simultaneously. I know you need the ad space but that’s really frustrating.

Good job, Guy. Tough hand-off for repetitive Rick.

leftophobe on March 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM