Green Room

Video: Guy Benson goofs on Trump at CPAC

posted at 1:57 pm on March 15, 2013 by

I didn’t think anyone there would have the stones to channel conservative contempt for Trump, but here’s Guy proving me wrong on the big stage.

Remember how eager Romney seemed for Trump’s endorsement last year? Hmmm.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

“Orange vote” and no mention of Charlie Crist?

steebo77 on March 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I guess Guy isn’t going to be on Celebrity Apprentice any time soon.

simkeith on March 15, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Major tone-switch from Benson to Santorum there.

Stoic Patriot on March 15, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Good for Benson- Trump is a joke who only cares about promoting himself.

Scotsman on March 15, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I’m missing the logic here.

Trump, like him or not, was an invited guest at the conference.

Guy Benson, a solid reporter and usually the embodiment of class, comes out and rips him – in an obvious bomb with audience – as a way of introducing Rick Santorum?

What he]] was the point in that?

aquaviva on March 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I’m missing the logic here.

Trump, like him or not, was an invited guest at the conference.

What he]] was the point in that?

aquaviva on March 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I heard several bouts of applause really, so I’d hardly call it an obvious bomb. And I don’t think its in poor taste to rip a man who has a history of giving the Conservative movement a bad name.

vegconservative on March 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM

That was just awful and painful. Santorum, as always, was just horrible.

Punchenko on March 15, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Love Guy’s take down of Trump’s invite to CPAC.

So, next year does Guy or Donald not get invited?

ButterflyDragon on March 15, 2013 at 10:26 PM

What he]] was the point in that?

aquaviva on March 15, 2013 at 5:54 PM

The point was obvious. Guy doesn’t want conservatives at CPAC to be painted with the birther brush. He made it obvious Trump is on his own with that birther crap.

Guy nipped it in the bud.

ButterflyDragon on March 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Guy Benson has a good strong speaking voice.

bluegill on March 16, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Watched Guy Benson, wondering ‘Is it the jokes?‘ Nah. They were okay (though at least one unexpected riff on Mr. Trump would’ve been refreshing). His delivery simply seemed rushed and a beat or two “off”. Handsome, charming young chap to be sure. Some people just don’t have teh funny.

Rick Santorum surprised me. I finally “got” what Husband & Dad-In-Law saw in him. Still don’t particularly like him, but the man is a True Believer who, I suspect, sees himself as “Next In Line”.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on March 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

When I tried to watch Guy, the pop-up videos on the side bar are playing simultaneously. I know you need the ad space but that’s really frustrating.

Good job, Guy. Tough hand-off for repetitive Rick.

leftophobe on March 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Top Pick

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

Top Pick

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM

Divide and conquer?

You know, I may have cracked the case for you, guys

“They’re still running against her and still winning races.”

“…the suspect is from Quebec and has a Canadian passport.”

When the Left lost their way on immigration

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 2:41 PM

It wasn’t all that long ago, really

“I personally watched some of these students go up to Chief Brown, right up to her face, and call her all kinds of names, cursing at her.”

Did the Queen “nix” a Trump visit to London?

Jazz Shaw Jun 21, 2017 12:41 PM

More like wishful thinking on the American left

Sometimes it’s hard. This was the hardest part

Did the polls get the Handel/Ossoff race wrong?

Allahpundit Jun 21, 2017 11:21 AM

Nah.

Physician, heal thyself

Maybe we’ll stay home and watch.

Good lack of work if you can get it

GOP takes 2 more special House races, meaning what?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Two more demoralizing moral victories for Dems.

Not a murder, but nearly as awful