Jim Moran: Only “paranoid” people think the government will try to ban handguns
posted at 5:05 pm on March 12, 2013 by Guy Benson
Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA) is on a roll lately:
MORAN: I can understand that there’s always going to be people who are paranoid over government attempting to intrude into their life and their own financial (unintelligible). There’s no plan to go after handguns…
Over to you, Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL):
“We want everything on the table. This is a moment of opportunity, there’s no question about it…we’re not going to be able to win [on handguns]. Not now…we’re going to push as hard as we can and as far as we can.”
But yeah, what an unhinged paranoiac Moran’s questioner was, right? Plus, what reasonable person could possibly conclude that the federal government has designs on “intruding into their life”?
UPDATE – Katie implies that one woman who might benefit from owning a firearm for self defense is the young lady dating Rep. Moran’s son, Patrick. He’s the charmer who resigned from his father’s campaign for promoting voter fraud on tape, and who plead guilty to bashing his girlfriend’s head in last year.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained