Green Room

Amtrak has a magazine

posted at 1:34 pm on March 12, 2013 by

Just thought I’d let ya’ll know. SkyMall is way better.
Photobucket

Sorry, I don’t know how much you’re paying for this.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Probably enough to pay for White House tours, donch’a think?

JoseQuinones on March 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Katie, you must have missed the issue last spring/summer featuring a Michelle Obama photoshoot.

steebo77 on March 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Make that spring/summer before last.

steebo77 on March 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Is it possible that ads cover the cost and/or make profit? Possible, but probable? Even when hidden “off-budget” costs are included?

ParisParamus on March 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Now they just need to get some locomotives, rolling stock and employees that work.

InterestedObserver on March 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Sorry, I don’t know how much you’re paying for this.

Whatever it is, it’s too much. And it might be more appropriate to name it “Delay” too.

hawkeye54 on March 12, 2013 at 2:19 PM

As long as it only holds 10 rounds at most….

CurtZHP on March 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Judging from its list of advertisers, it may be that the ads pay for the magazine. But knowing Amtrak is not a profitable operation, it probably loses money on the magazine as well.

hawkeye54 on March 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Couldn’t find a writers guideline for it at the website.

Oh well. Airline magazines pay pretty well. Bet this is comparable.

No Truce With Kings on March 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I stopped reading the magazine when Joe Biden was once featured on the cover– while sitting two rows ahead of me. It was bad enough having Senator Goofball right there on the train; I have to read about him too?

MTF on March 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM

If I want to read a railroading related magazine, it’ll be “Trains“.

listens2glenn on March 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Meh … Amtrak’s always had it’s own Magazine dating back to the 80′s as far as I can remember.

heretic on March 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I don’t know if it dates as far back as the 1980s, but yeah, the Amtrak magazine has been around for a long time.

Ed Driscoll on March 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM

They are just mimicking the airlines, which many have their own mags, or used to, as I recall. At least the airlines have to be somewhat profitable.

rickv404 on March 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM