Green Room

Amtrak has a magazine

posted at 1:34 pm on March 12, 2013 by

Just thought I’d let ya’ll know. SkyMall is way better.
Photobucket

Sorry, I don’t know how much you’re paying for this.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Probably enough to pay for White House tours, donch’a think?

JoseQuinones on March 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Katie, you must have missed the issue last spring/summer featuring a Michelle Obama photoshoot.

steebo77 on March 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Make that spring/summer before last.

steebo77 on March 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Is it possible that ads cover the cost and/or make profit? Possible, but probable? Even when hidden “off-budget” costs are included?

ParisParamus on March 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Now they just need to get some locomotives, rolling stock and employees that work.

InterestedObserver on March 12, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Sorry, I don’t know how much you’re paying for this.

Whatever it is, it’s too much. And it might be more appropriate to name it “Delay” too.

hawkeye54 on March 12, 2013 at 2:19 PM

As long as it only holds 10 rounds at most….

CurtZHP on March 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Judging from its list of advertisers, it may be that the ads pay for the magazine. But knowing Amtrak is not a profitable operation, it probably loses money on the magazine as well.

hawkeye54 on March 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Couldn’t find a writers guideline for it at the website.

Oh well. Airline magazines pay pretty well. Bet this is comparable.

No Truce With Kings on March 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I stopped reading the magazine when Joe Biden was once featured on the cover– while sitting two rows ahead of me. It was bad enough having Senator Goofball right there on the train; I have to read about him too?

MTF on March 12, 2013 at 3:22 PM

If I want to read a railroading related magazine, it’ll be “Trains“.

listens2glenn on March 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Meh … Amtrak’s always had it’s own Magazine dating back to the 80’s as far as I can remember.

heretic on March 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I don’t know if it dates as far back as the 1980s, but yeah, the Amtrak magazine has been around for a long time.

Ed Driscoll on March 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM

They are just mimicking the airlines, which many have their own mags, or used to, as I recall. At least the airlines have to be somewhat profitable.

rickv404 on March 13, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Fixing crime in America is a complicated issue

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 8:31 PM
Top Pick

Cops alone won’t solve it.

Top Pick

Democrats forgot all about the “era of good feelings”

“Bernie and Jane Sanders have lawyered up.”

Winning isn’t everything. It is the only thing

Trump signs VA reform bill into law

John Sexton Jun 23, 2017 2:41 PM

A new era of something.

“…died suddenly in less than a week just after his return to the U.S.”

The shortsightedness of “Denounce and Preserve”

Taylor Millard Jun 23, 2017 12:11 PM

Pragmatism for the sake of pragmatism doesn’t always work.

Perhaps if you threw in a new car?

Gay marriages still growing, but not as fast

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 10:31 AM

More, but not as quickly.

Should’ve stuck with the pirate gig. It was working for him

The battle for the rubble of Raqqa is underway

Andrew Malcolm Jun 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Won’t be much left.

Your list of demands is a publicity stunt

“The jobs are still leaving. Nothing has stopped.”

Bad vendor. Bad! No cookie!

“So you want me to sing my praises, is that what you’re saying?”

Why would we possibly want that?

“I mean he sold our country to The Russians.”

I could think of someone else you might want to ask about…

Trump: I never made any recordings of Comey

Allahpundit Jun 22, 2017 2:01 PM

Bluff.

Hackers stole private data from election databases

John Sexton Jun 22, 2017 1:21 PM

Failure to protect the city

Big man on the Middle Eastern campus

Biased Americans see media as biased.

Tough times down on the liberal ranch

Will Nancy Pelosi survive this latest Dem disaster?

Andrew Malcolm Jun 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Eat quick, before it’s gone.

Slow your roll, boss

“I’m bothered by the lack of emerging evidence…”

FIrst look at the Senate health bill

John Sexton Jun 21, 2017 9:21 PM