Green Room

Loathsome nanny-state mayor rebuked by judge, blogger to celebrate

posted at 5:22 pm on March 11, 2013 by

By now you’ve heard the (temporary?) happy news. Since I happen to be on my way to New York City at the moment, I figured I should find some way to celebrate on behalf of the pro-liberty community upon my arrival.  Thoughts?  Spitballing here: How about downing a 32-oz cherry coke from a styrofoam cup…while blasting loud music through my earbuds?  (I’m open to song suggestions).  I’d love to somehow incorporate this particularly loathsome nanny-state gambit into the festivities, but that might be ill advised.

I’m not gloating, Mr. Mayor.  I’m “simply forcing you to understand” my glee.  Exit Question (Allahpundit™): Who else is looking forward to Bloomberg’s retaliatory court-packing scheme?  In the meantime, feel free to sing along — apologies in advance for the painful memories:

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

ow about downing a 32-oz cherry coke from a styrofoam cup…while blasting loud music through my earbuds? (I’m open to song suggestions).

Woo, slow down there. Nanny Bloomberg might send the SWAT team after you.

rbj on March 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM

(I’m open to song suggestions).

This.

hillbillyjim on March 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM

i’ve always felt that the key common trait in “conservatives” is that their emotional development was halted when they were pre-teens.

sesquipedalian on March 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

sesquipedalian on March 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

The key common trait in leftists is a lack of a sense of humor.

rbj on March 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM

sesquipedalian on March 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I’ll call that a blessing, thank you very much.

nobar on March 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Listen to this.

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

The key common trait in leftists is a lack of a sense of humor.

rbj

Not really. The key conceit of the Left is they wish everyone to be slaves of the State excepting themselves.

Take Sesquatchian for example. He believes that he should be in charge of others’ serfdom despite being a small minded, petulant, emotional wreck.

chimney sweep on March 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I love how people pick up on the Allahpunditisms and use his terminology like “loathesome nanny state mayor” hehehe

bluegill on March 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I can’t drive 55.

dddave on March 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Suggestions? How about?

Open The Door on March 12, 2013 at 6:14 AM

If I lived in NYC (and so glad I don’t!) I’d go down and order a “Bloomberg*” of Mountain Dew at my local establishment.

*Bloomberg — 32 ounces

Employing Alinksy tactic #5:
Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

ProfShadow on March 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM

…and Little Bloombergs come to nip at our heels with a “Yap! Yap! Yap!”

SurferDoc on March 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Loathsome nanny-state mayor

Perfect

petefrt on March 12, 2013 at 9:02 AM

“Go For A Soda” by Kim Mitchell

Gail C. on March 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Just a reminder: People will die

Allahpundit Jun 28, 2017 10:41 PM
Top Pick

“Whipped cream’s killing more people than ever before.”

Top Pick

Medicare for all?

“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train.”

Poll: Dem voters glumly sticking with Pelosi

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 8:41 PM

Disaster ahead?

“When she left it, it was in better shape than it had ever been.”

Manafort, firm registers as foreign agents

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 6:41 PM

Better late than never?

Delivered as promised

“I would like to think that the president saved many innocent men, women and children.”

“The Russia investigation was by far the dominant topic…”

The merry little media war continues.

Criminal enterprise

Politico: Has the SPLC lost its way?

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 3:01 PM

“The organization has always tried to find ways to milk money out of the public…”

Trump legal team backing away from Comey complaint?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 2:31 PM

De-escalation?

Time to get up and go to work, sir

CNN gets glum, defensive after resignations

John Sexton Jun 28, 2017 1:01 PM

“If Jeff lit himself on fire, it wouldn’t appease the pro-Trump media.”

Hmmm: FBI probing Russia-based anti-virus firm?

Ed Morrissey Jun 28, 2017 12:31 PM

“I wouldn’t put their stuff on my computer if you paid me.”

He works hard for the money…

It’s not a slippery slope. It’s a freaking avalanche.

Nuts.

Showdown: Sarah Palin vs the New York Times

Jazz Shaw Jun 28, 2017 9:21 AM

Defamation

Credit where creditor’s due?

More flash than bang, but a very bad sign

“Felix was out on bond after threatening another public servant and has a history of making threats.”

Chaffetz: House needs housing allowances?

Ed Morrissey Jun 27, 2017 8:41 PM

“There are dozens upon dozens of members living in their offices, and I don’t know how healthy that is long term.”

“This isn’t going to get a lot cheaper, it can’t, it won’t.”

“…what we failed to achieve with votes, we would do with weapons.”

“[S]o dumb it’s amazing we even have to have the conversation.”

“It was not necessary.”

“You’re inflaming everyone right here right now with those words!”

“Trump’s people said, ‘We’ll be writing the speech that the President’s Audio-Animatronic figure will be saying.'”

Excuses, excuses.

Not really a “kill all the lawyers” scenario

4 pm ET!

“it has not taken serious steps to end its own complicity in trafficking, including forced laborers from North Korea.”