Green Room

Loathsome nanny-state mayor rebuked by judge, blogger to celebrate

posted at 5:22 pm on March 11, 2013 by

By now you’ve heard the (temporary?) happy news. Since I happen to be on my way to New York City at the moment, I figured I should find some way to celebrate on behalf of the pro-liberty community upon my arrival.  Thoughts?  Spitballing here: How about downing a 32-oz cherry coke from a styrofoam cup…while blasting loud music through my earbuds?  (I’m open to song suggestions).  I’d love to somehow incorporate this particularly loathsome nanny-state gambit into the festivities, but that might be ill advised.

I’m not gloating, Mr. Mayor.  I’m “simply forcing you to understand” my glee.  Exit Question (Allahpundit™): Who else is looking forward to Bloomberg’s retaliatory court-packing scheme?  In the meantime, feel free to sing along — apologies in advance for the painful memories:

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

ow about downing a 32-oz cherry coke from a styrofoam cup…while blasting loud music through my earbuds? (I’m open to song suggestions).

Woo, slow down there. Nanny Bloomberg might send the SWAT team after you.

rbj on March 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM

(I’m open to song suggestions).

This.

hillbillyjim on March 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM

i’ve always felt that the key common trait in “conservatives” is that their emotional development was halted when they were pre-teens.

sesquipedalian on March 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

sesquipedalian on March 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

The key common trait in leftists is a lack of a sense of humor.

rbj on March 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM

sesquipedalian on March 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I’ll call that a blessing, thank you very much.

nobar on March 11, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Listen to this.

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

The key common trait in leftists is a lack of a sense of humor.

rbj

Not really. The key conceit of the Left is they wish everyone to be slaves of the State excepting themselves.

Take Sesquatchian for example. He believes that he should be in charge of others’ serfdom despite being a small minded, petulant, emotional wreck.

chimney sweep on March 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I love how people pick up on the Allahpunditisms and use his terminology like “loathesome nanny state mayor” hehehe

bluegill on March 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I can’t drive 55.

dddave on March 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM

Suggestions? How about?

Open The Door on March 12, 2013 at 6:14 AM

If I lived in NYC (and so glad I don’t!) I’d go down and order a “Bloomberg*” of Mountain Dew at my local establishment.

*Bloomberg — 32 ounces

Employing Alinksy tactic #5:
Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

ProfShadow on March 12, 2013 at 7:26 AM

…and Little Bloombergs come to nip at our heels with a “Yap! Yap! Yap!”

SurferDoc on March 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM