Video: The most heartbreaking play in basketball history?
posted at 8:45 am on March 9, 2013 by Allahpundit
With a one-point lead, 2.9 seconds to play and possession of the ball, all Hugo High School had to do was inbound the basketball and run out the clock to advance in the Oklahoma state boys’ basketball tournament.
But what followed stunned everyone.
Hugo guard Trey Johnson got confused after he received the inbounds pass and laid the ball into the wrong basket just before time expired, giving the opposing team, Millwood High, a 38-37 win Thursday night and a place in the Class 3A semifinals.
Gigantic mental mistakes do happen with time running down even in the biggest games, as Fred Brown or Chris Webber could tell you. But laying in the winning basket for the other team at the buzzer? Dude?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?
- Friendly reminder from the White House about ObamaCare: “It’s. The. Law.”