Video: The most heartbreaking play in basketball history?
posted at 8:45 am on March 9, 2013 by Allahpundit
With a one-point lead, 2.9 seconds to play and possession of the ball, all Hugo High School had to do was inbound the basketball and run out the clock to advance in the Oklahoma state boys’ basketball tournament.
But what followed stunned everyone.
Hugo guard Trey Johnson got confused after he received the inbounds pass and laid the ball into the wrong basket just before time expired, giving the opposing team, Millwood High, a 38-37 win Thursday night and a place in the Class 3A semifinals.
Gigantic mental mistakes do happen with time running down even in the biggest games, as Fred Brown or Chris Webber could tell you. But laying in the winning basket for the other team at the buzzer? Dude?
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation