Video: Vatican Dispatch, March 8th
posted at 1:40 pm on March 8, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Normally I’ll post these Vatican video updates to the front page, but the big news from today is already there — the date of the conclave’s start. Today’s update doesn’t contain much more information because I got to the media center so late in the day, thanks to my arrival time and general lack of sleep. Still, this should give a flavor of what to expect in future updates, and given the activity here in the media center, I’ll have a lot more to cover if I’m here all day:
Forgive the lighting and focus issues here — I had a couple of technical issues with the set-up that have since been resolved. I would have reshot, but I had to ask “permesso, per favore” and get written authorization just for this set-up. I didn’t want to have to start all over again. One Italian journalist named Lalo happily volunteered to assist me, but I had resolved the issue already. I might interview Lalo later, if he’s agreeable to it.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget
- Update: Grayson dismisses ‘erratic’ wife after abuse allegation