Green Room

Marizela still missing, two years later

posted at 10:05 am on March 5, 2013 by

I include a reminder in every TEMS post I write, but that doesn’t come close to recognizing the grief and horror of Michelle Malkin’s family over the mysterious disappearance of her young cousin Marizela.  Today, Michelle reminds us that it’s been two years, and they have had no progress on finding out what happened:

Exactly two years ago, my 18-year-old cousin Marizela (known affectionately to her family and friends as “Emem” or “Mei”) Perez disappeared from the University of Washington campus in Seattle.

She is still missing.

We have no news to report, no breakthroughs, no contact, no cell phone/Internet activity, no word from the police. Please continue to keep her and her parents in your thoughts and prayers. Please take a look at Marizela’s missing person flyer and keep an eye out.

Please take nothing in life for granted.

Emem, we love you.

Lahat ay magiging maayos.

I’ll continue to pray for all involved, including for authorities to find a clue that leads to the end of this mystery.  I hope you will as well.

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

*prays for Marizela Perez and family*

BigGator5 on March 5, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Thanks Ed. They have all been in my prayers and will continue to be.

CoffeeLover on March 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Yoikes. Heard about this way back…

All the best to you.

MelonCollie on March 5, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Every time there is a news report of another child being lost or found we think of Marizela. We also continue to pray for her safe return. Two awful painful years of not knowing has got to be a terrible burden and I hope Michelle and her family are in some small way fortified by our prayers.

fourdeucer on March 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Tragic. So sorry, Michelle.

PattyJ on March 5, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Its the not knowing that is the worst.

portlandon on March 5, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Not a Missing White Woman. No investigation or media attention.

Seven Seas on March 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Not a Missing White Woman. No investigation or media attention.

Seven Seas on March 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM

There are a lot of grieving minority parents who are gnashing their teeth at the MWW Syndrome because their daughters went to one wrong neighborhood looking for adventure and/or attention…and just vanished. It’s a very real phenomenon and the Democrats have done NOTHING to address it.

(Not insinuating that Marizela did this, let me make that VERY clear.)

MelonCollie on March 5, 2013 at 11:26 AM

What’s sad is that Google refused to share her e-mail.

unclesmrgol on March 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM

What’s sad is that Google refused to share her e-mail.

unclesmrgol on March 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM

THIS! I’m not much for “hacktivism”, but if there was ever a time for it…

MelonCollie on March 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Since Michelle first told us of Marizela missing, I promised to ask God daily to help and comfort the family till He does answer.
I have kept my promise and will continue to do so.
L

letget on March 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Does this mean the police aren’t even telling the family from time to time nothing is going on?
No word whatsoever, even word that there is nothing more?

Badger40 on March 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM

No word whatsoever, even word that there is nothing more?

Badger40 on March 5, 2013 at 1:42 PM

A frequent complaint from Michelle over the course of the investigation, before she stopped updating, was the seemingly lackadaisical response from the police.

Doomberg on March 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

What’s sad is that Google refused to share her e-mail.

unclesmrgol on March 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM

They only share info with the Chinese. Maybe MM can get China to file a formal inquiry?

Jaibones on March 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Doomberg on March 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Police are now in the ticket issuing business. I live in a town of 55,000 and there is always 3 or 4 of them during the weekdays issuing tickets. Then the Police state they have no one to check up parole or missing people investigations.

Oil Can on March 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM

What a land it is that can’t resolve the case.

May the family get an answer soon.

The cops are not so mighty any more.

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM

So sorry for her and her family, Michelle. Prayers to all.

Mimzey on March 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Michelle and Family: Marizela remains in my daily prayers. Keep the faith.

MJ from NJ

mjishernameo on March 5, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Just reading up a little bit on the John Wayne Gacy murders – it’s amazing that the “breakthrough” didn’t happen until one mother went nuts trying to get answers about what happened to her 15-year-old who went missing. For her, I guess, the luck was that she wasn’t calling the Chicago cops, who were so corrupted in the 1970s that the FBI ended up having to come in and try to clear up some cases. The Des Plaines police actually followed up, and while it didn’t save her son, it saved any others from being killed by that monster.

(Let us not forget that Gacy was a Chicago precinct captain, and well known in the “Machine”. There’s new evidence that the political cover-up went deeper than just the known connections. )

Katja on March 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Has Michelle and her family accepted the possibility that Marizela may not have survived?

dverplank on March 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Doomberg on March 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I remember that. But would think with a little media attention it would have gotten better.
But I guess I was more optimistic than reality allows.

Katja on March 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I’ll have to look into that. I have a class in college & we have to pick a serial killer to read about & he was one I read about.
Disturbing & horribly horrible.
But he takes the cake compared to a Russian serial killer who worked on the railroad during the early communist days.

Badger40 on March 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM

A prayer I have is that I don’t outlive my children. The grief their family must feel has to be overwhelming.

I can’t imagine going on with my life with that hole in me.

God bless Michelle and her family.

itsspideyman on March 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM