Green Room

“Hancock Inc.” or “Mugging: Part 3″

posted at 5:39 pm on March 4, 2013 by

HI0017S

Be sure to check out Hancock Inc for the weekend strip (in color! ooooh!) and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

I like that one.

cozmo on March 4, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Where’s the like button? :-)

deepdiver on March 4, 2013 at 6:27 PM

If I drew this when I was in school, I’m sure I’d be suspended.

-JA

Youngster.

I did draw stuff like that when I was in school and even teachers thought it was funny. Though it was a hippie and a redneck sheriff and not a cutie and Uncle Sam’s hand.

cozmo on March 4, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I liked it. I certainly feel like I’m getting robbed every day by the state and the feds.

Blake on March 4, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I played Annie Oakley in my high school play. We had to borrow one of the starter pistols from the track team. One of my friends got it from the coach and had it sitting on her desk during history before she got it to me for rehearsal.

After finishing a test in class, rather than sit quietly, she played with the pistol for a little bit and then shot it into the air thinking it was unloaded.

It wasn’t, and the whole class jumped like cats in scalded water.

Everyone wound up having a good laugh once they got over the initial shock and ringing ears.

__

We talk about how now she’d have been expelled for the rest of the year. Crazy world. Heck, I carried a pocket knife all through high school which woud get me thrown out now.

Sarjex on March 4, 2013 at 7:17 PM

If I drew this when I was in school, I’m sure I’d be suspended.

-JA

Youngster.

cozmo on March 4, 2013 at 7:01 PM

My friends and I drew violent landscapes of war machines in action when we were in school.
God, am I middle aged already?

Count to 10 on March 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM

God, am I middle aged already?

I think every young boy drew those!

I drew pictures of our D&D campaigns… before adults became convinced Dungeons and Dragons was going to lead impressionable minds to Satan. Now pictures of guns are going to murder people. Some things never change.

Sarjex on March 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM

God, am I middle aged already?

Count to 10 on March 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Me too! I had sharks eating people and guys shooting guns and being blown up.

I only got in trouble because I was doing it out of boredom and thus not paying attention in class, not because my teachers thought I was going to go on a shooting spree.

CrankyTRex on March 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM

There’s a section in “Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain” talking about how boys 9-13 go through a “completely tasteless” phase in things they draw. It used to be considered normal. Now they’re suspended and psychologists called in. Sheesh.

Sarjex on March 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I got in trouble for drawing… but it was because I wasn’t paying attention. I tell people math class made me the artist I am today. Heh.

Sarjex on March 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Sarjex on March 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Yeah, definitely a lot of young boys drew and doodled in their notebooks during class and school and it wasn’t just geometric designs, swirls or flowers. I drew swords, knives, guns, armor. I drew cross sections of bombs, tanks, cannons. Every page’s margins were filled with such doodles.

Yet we owned nothing more than a pellet gun at home.

It was a imagination put to paper, no more, no less.

Now, such things are thought crimes.

Who knew drawings of guns or even gun pastries kill?

Stupid, hyperventilating bureaucrats.