Great news: The Donald a big fan of The Worm
posted at 3:24 pm on March 4, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Donald Trump wasted little time jumping to Dennis Rodman’s defense after pretty much everyone either laughed at his ignorance over the nature of the Kim regime in Pyongyang, or expressed disdain for his expressions of “love” for the tyrant in North Korea. Of course, Trump may have felt obligated to Rodman, since The Worm is one of his featured contestants on “Celebrity Apprentice,” but perhaps discretion is the better part of valor in this instance:
“He wants Obama to do one thing — call him,” Rodman told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos. “He said, ‘If you can Dennis, I don’t want to do war, I don’t want to do war.’ He said that to me.”
Trump agreed, saying that perhaps a phone call would be a good thing.
“Maybe that is not the worst thing, folks, instead of going through this whole charade we do every year,” Trump said on Fox News. “Maybe it’s not the worst thing that somebody actually calls, because you look at this world — this world is just blowing up around us.”
He added: “We are doing nothing. You know, maybe it’s not such a bad idea. It’s not a very big deal to make a phone call.”
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained