Video: The museum of … math
posted at 12:01 pm on March 3, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
Hate math? That’s because most of us are given one single path to slog through it, says Dr. Whitney, the young man behind the nation’s first Museum of Mathematics. CBS News featured this effort to make mathematics cool on Sunday Morning, but “museum” might be a poor choice of terms. Think of this as the Mathematics Workshop, in which interactive displays entice the young and old to fall in love with mathematics … or at least be intrigued by it:
What a great idea! Now if we can just get our politicians to take an interest in rational numbers, we might actually make progress.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained
- RNC ad: Crying infant greets Obama’s new debt-laden budget