Green Room

Noted down-home Kentucky populist: I winter in Scotland

posted at 6:52 pm on March 1, 2013 by

Enough stuff like this will slip out over the course of a Senate campaign to expose her as the rich elitist liberal caricature that she is, but I’ll repeat my warning here not to underestimate her. The country just elected a celebrity president not once but twice. Her messaging will improve; her film career has already given her presence in front of the camera. McConnell should win, but I bet it’ll be harder than we all expect.

Incidentally, I thought most Kentuckians wintered on the Riviera. Is that not a thing anymore?

Update: Actual quote from today’s presser: “No talk is ever complete without talking about Bono.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Bradky on March 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Her pants might have dropped running to the other side of the street from me, anyway.

Regardless, Ashley Judd used to be hot, and now has a weirdly bloated face.

MidniteRambler on March 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Blake on March 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Thanks for the real estate report . That is one sweet property . I do know Dario has worked
very hard at his job and I’m sure she tried as an actress and earned a fair amount of bucks .
I don’t resent them having money . Everything that woman ( ? ) stands for makes me gag
however .
I hope Dario has a great and safe season on the track and I look forward to not seeing
Miss Judd draped all over him when he wins !

Lucano on March 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Here’s a hint: When you use a season of the year as a verb you are not a populist.

Blaise on March 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I expect the debate will make Ryan v Biden look like Lincoln v Douglas. Not sure of the proper analogy, really. Something with a palpable disparity. Ebeneezer Scrooge v the delightful wife of his nephew Fred? She might score some points. The mongoose gets the best of the cobra, somehow, after all.

Paul-Cincy on March 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM

As an Irishman, I cannot think of any good reason for “wintering” in that part of the world. “Summering,” yes. “Wintering,” no (not that you can tell the difference many times).

NavyMustang on March 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Gee remember when Warren Beatty was going to run for POTUS? Remember Alec Baldwin was going to run for Mayor of NYC? Did they run, did they win…NO.

This is Media Wish-Casting….Ashley Judd as three things going for her…two I will not mention, and the third is that she is a major fan of UK Baketball…beyond that she has as much connection to Kentuckians as any other Hollywood Liberal…..

Before someone brings up Al Franken, Mitch McConnell is NOT Norm Coleman, and Ky. is NOT Minnesota…

And you rabid McConnell h8ters…I doubt any TEA Party/libertarian/Constitution Party person can beat McConnell, in a GOP Primary…Rand Paul got into an open seat primary race with Grayson. So if you defeat McConnell, which I doubt you can, you’ll just be opening the way for Judd….

Bottom-Line: Vote for someone other than McConnell, show the GOP, and get a vanity candidate who sill support Obama, and not the desires of her constituents.

JFKY on March 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM

The assets are going to start sagging soon…. Eye kisses. Did I like inspire you and stuff?

Illinidiva on March 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM

“No talk is ever complete without talking about Bono.”

Just another Bono-head…

Marcola on March 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I will gladly send cash to anyone who primaries McConnell:

Panther on March 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Anyone who thinks Mitch McConnell has more in common with working class Kentuckians is gullible as heck.

libfreeordie on March 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Libfreeordie,

What part of Kentucky are you from?

rockmom on March 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM

libfreeordie on March 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM

1) Would you care to point out where Ashley Judd has more in common with working class Kentuckians?
2) Would you care to point out where Rand Paul has more in common with working class Kentuckians?
3) Would you care to point out WHY a US Senator/Senatorial Candidate should have more in common with working class Kentuckians?

JFKY on March 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM

libfreeordie on March 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM

So I’m sure that you were screeching about how stupid Sarah Palin was correct.. If so, why exactly are you defending this bimbo?

Illinidiva on March 3, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Mocking idiot liberals is boring. It’s just too easy.

Jaibones on March 3, 2013 at 9:57 AM

“No talk is ever complete without talking about Bono,”
Judd also declared that she has “a dog that’s on a hunger strike.”
I hope the family of Bobby Sands MP or other family members of HUMAN hunger strikers weren’t there.
Comparing her dog to an Irish hero is so wrong.

ceannrua on March 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Blaise on March 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

It wouldn’t be so bad, if she’d said Florida, or California.

listens2glenn on March 3, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Who the hell winters in Scotland? Good god Winters that far north both suck and blow. I’ve had the unfortunate experience of spending January in the Highlands. That was 15 years ago and I still have a chill.

Your Mamma loves me on March 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

But… with your argument no one of a successful economic status could be part of the loyal opposition. Explain yourself.

Observation on March 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM

For the record, my soul cares about the $16 trillion in debt my children will be saddled with.

Sgt Steve on March 3, 2013 at 7:23 PM