Geek bleg: What video editors work best in Mac?
posted at 2:17 pm on March 1, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
After having been in the Mac world for a year, I have to report that I like it more than I thought I would. I spent over 25 years exclusively in the PC world, and I thought the transition would be horrible, especially when it came to working with new software for video, photo, and audio editing. Actually, most of the transitions have been very easy … except for video editing. I find that iMovie is just too clunky an interface to make it worth my while, and I dread the thought of doing anything but the simplest tasks in it.
So for those readers who live in the Mac world, what do you use as a video editor? Or, what tips might you have for iMovie that I just haven’t grokked at this point? Feel free to offer your suggestions in the comments, or drop me an e-mail if that’s handier.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Programming note: Guest-hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show tonight w/ MKH
- Obligatory Bill Clinton drew pictures of man parts on classified documents post
- Winning entry for HHS’s ObamaCare propaganda video contest: “Forget About the Price Tag”
- The Ed Morrissey Show on hiatus
- Health records ‘data security,’ Canada-style