Video: The worst film of 2012?
posted at 5:07 pm on February 24, 2013 by Ed Morrissey
You think you’ve seen the worst film of 2012? Take a look at the worst box-office performer of the year, which grossed … $117. No, not $117 million, or $117,000, but one hundred and seventeen dollars. The Ghastly Love Of Johnny X somehow missed your local theaters despite song-and-dance numbers and a $2 million budget:
This looks like John Waters-meets-Ed Wood, and not in a good way. And if you can’t rely on Paul Williams and the late Kevin McCarthy to bring box-office power, well, I just don’t know if the world is worth enduring any more.
Recently in the Green Room:
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 4:1-11
- Rand Paul wins CPAC straw poll
- Real question: Does Obama’s budget fund overseas abortions to protect endangered animals?
- Photo of the day: Crimea now belongs to Russia, at least on Russian propaganda TV
- Vatican: Pope Francis wasn’t talking about same-sex relationships; Update: “Civil unions” explained