Axelrod, Gibbs: No way will we be cheerleaders for Obama on MSNBC
posted at 3:15 pm on February 21, 2013 by Erika Johnsen
…No comment. Via Politico:
NBC News and MSNBC’s new contributors — and former advisers to President Barack Obama — Robert Gibbs and David Axelrod both say they’re not going to be acting as partisan cheerleaders while serving as political analysts. …
“I don’t see it either as being a cheerleader for the president or as a spokesman for the administration’s point of view,” [Gibbs] said. …
“I’m proud of my work for and with the president,” [Axelrod] told Kurtz. “But in this role, I will offer observations, based on my experience over 35 years in journalism and politics, and will call them as I see them.”
Recently in the Green Room:
- IRS To Pro-Life Groups: You Know You’re Gonna Have To Give Up This Whole Protest Thing, Right?
- Two House Dems demand Lerner resignation after using lobbyist to stage modified limited hangout
- Feelgood video of the day
- New liberal idea: Let’s raise $660 million online in a month to buy the LA Times before the Koch brothers can
- Of Course It Troubles Me. Are You Kidding Me?