Green Room

Axelrod, Gibbs: No way will we be cheerleaders for Obama on MSNBC

posted at 3:15 pm on February 21, 2013 by

…No comment. Via Politico:

NBC News and MSNBC’s new contributors — and former advisers to President Barack Obama — Robert Gibbs and David Axelrod both say they’re not going to be acting as partisan cheerleaders while serving as political analysts. …

“I don’t see it either as being a cheerleader for the president or as a spokesman for the administration’s point of view,” [Gibbs] said. …

“I’m proud of my work for and with the president,” [Axelrod] told Kurtz. “But in this role, I will offer observations, based on my experience over 35 years in journalism and politics, and will call them as I see them.”

Recently in the Green Room:

Comments

All I have to say is…..HAHAHAHAHAHAHA….yeah, right

BeachBum on February 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I don’t think they’d make the cheerleader squad anyway.

They might make it as water boys.

MichaelGabriel on February 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

“The fact that we agree with the Administration and Democrats in Congress 100% of the time is purely coincidental.”
/Gibbs & Axelgrease

Bitter Clinger on February 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM

In (limited) fairness, they would be going up against Chris Matthews for top cheerleader. That’s some stiff competition.

nobar on February 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Puhleeze and kurtz lets them get away with it

cmsinaz on February 21, 2013 at 3:27 PM

These scum actually think people believe them.

darwin on February 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM

That’s some stiff competition.

nobar on February 21, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Heh heh…

Drained Brain on February 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I’m sure Fox News is worried.

I’m sure we will see boatloads of objective commentary from the “We Won” team.

Right_Mike on February 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM

They’ll be attacking Obama’s policies…from the left.

WisRich on February 21, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Can we please turn these effing idiots off??

ToddPA on February 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Folks have we seen in the history of the Republic a bunch of scums like this one who lies so brazenly about everything? From Obama, to Axelrod, to Gibbs, and everyone in this damn gang… This is simply beyond belief…

mnjg on February 21, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Thanks for the Laugh of the Day, Erika.

rbj on February 21, 2013 at 3:51 PM

These scum actually think people believe them.

darwin on February 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I am convinced that these scums are pathological liars icluding Obama who simply believe what they say and they do not know how brazenly they are lying…

mnjg on February 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM

They better check their contracts.
MSNBC specifically notes that cheerleading is required.
Why else sign them up ?

Jabberwock on February 21, 2013 at 4:03 PM

These scum actually think people believe them.

darwin on February 21, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Unfortunately, they’re justified in that belief.

Fenris on February 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Axelfraud is proud of being one of the slimiest scumbags in American political history.

OxyCon on February 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Axelrod, Gibbs: No way will we be cheerleaders for Obama on MSNBC

No, that’s the job of the hosts.

Seriously, I bet that these two wii be more objective than Matthews et al. Okay, less partisan.

Low bar to be sure.

In any case, they’re not going to criticize Obama. That’s crazy. Nobody who works in the White House – Democrat or Republican – will then go out and trash it. It’s disloyal and their careers would be over. And MSNBC isn’t going to hire anyone to trash Democrats anyway.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

SteveMG on February 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM

They might be right. Last I checked, cheerleaders don’t wear knee pads.

MechanicalBill on February 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Yeah right. The cheerleader always gets to do the quarterback.

Red Creek on February 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM

They’d have to go some to out-cheer the people who are already there.

SukieTawdry on February 21, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Axelrod, Gibbs: No way will we be cheerleaders for Obama on MSNBC

MSNBC isn’t going to cheerlead for Obama and the Democrats? When do these big changes at MSNBC happen?

Of course there won’t be any changes to the cheerleaders at MSNBC and it’s stupid to say they won’t be cheerleading or to expect anyone to believe such a lie.

RJL on February 21, 2013 at 5:02 PM

MSNBC delenda est.

drunyan8315 on February 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM

That’s all you need to hear to know what his position will be.

kylearane on February 21, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Why even bother denying it if you’re those two? I don’t think anybody would expect them to go on MSNBC of all places and publicly disagree with the Obama administration. They’re political analysts that worked for a presidential administration – it’s no mystery as to what they’re going say.

supernova on February 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I’m sure Fox News is worried.

Right_Mike on February 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Nah, Fox has Kucinich.

Fallon on February 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Would have been easier to mention in the press release

drivingtheview on February 21, 2013 at 6:58 PM

…Nobody who works in the White House – Democrat or Republican – will then go out and trash it. It’s disloyal and their careers would be over. And MSNBC isn’t going to hire anyone to trash Democrats anyway.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

SteveMG on February 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM

If only that were true. Have you seen Former Republican WH Press Secretary, Ari Fleischer on CNN or former RNC Chair Michael Steele on MSNBC? I think you’d be hard-pressed to correctly guess their party affiliation based on their subsequent gigs as cable tv news analysts / commentators. But Democrats have always been better at sticking together like La Cosa Nostra than Republicans. Not sure if that’s a smart stategy anymore but it is what it is.

NightmareOnKStreet on February 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I don’t think they’d make the cheerleader squad anyway.

MichaelGabriel on February 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Cheerleaders at least have to work.

MSNBC is just the group of girls who try to be popular by putting out.

malclave on February 21, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Axelrod, Gibbs: No way will we be cheerleaders for Obama on MSNBC

No doubt that the MSM will invent a new “Objectivity in Journalism” award. The trophy has already been inscribed with the names of these clowns, and the only thing remaining is to select a prime time TV slot for the ceremony, and decide whether Michelle or Barack will do the presentations personally.

/SARC>

landlines on February 21, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I don’t think they’d make the cheerleader squad anyway.

They might make it as water boys.

MichaelGabriel on February 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Call me crazy, but I’m willing to bet good money that both of these guys are a little too familiar with the inside of a short, pleated skirt. If you know what I mean…

affenhauer on February 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Well you only have to see how Fleischer ‘knifed’ Libby in the back, to know that’s how he would turn out, Steele is more of a blanc mange case, although having been around after the 2010 sweep should have counted for something,

narciso on February 21, 2013 at 8:25 PM

We need to know where these people live so that when the arrest warrants are issued we can pick them up quickly

scboy on February 21, 2013 at 8:41 PM

“I will offer observations, based on my experience over 35 years in journalism and politics, and will call them as I see them.”
– David Axelrod

Uh, David we know how you see them already. It’s not exactly news.

IndieDogg on February 22, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Axelrod, Gibbs: No way will we be cheerleaders for Obama on MSNBC

It might be true. I hear there’s a lot of fierce competition for the cheerleader spots. Someone I know has a cousin who heard that Chris Matthews has been known to knife the competition.

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 22, 2013 at 2:46 AM

They’ve been lying to us for years. And they still are. These guys are professional liars.

farsighted on February 22, 2013 at 6:50 AM

When they start out protesting that they are innocent and without bias, then I know already they will be both guilty and biased. “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today…” has the same validity.

ExpressoBold on February 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM

My intelligence feels insulted.

jjjdad on February 22, 2013 at 9:20 AM

MSNBC Right?

If you make a statement and no one hears it, have you made a statement?

WestTexasBirdDog on February 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Axelgrease and Gibnut won’t be cheerleaders, MesSNBC has plenty. You guys will be place keepers, you know, zeros.

Open The Door on February 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Axelrod, Gibbs: No way will we be cheerleaders for Obama on MSNBC

…will there be shovels on the set…and an area off camera… to scoop it?…they are not going to let it pile up under their butt…are they?

KOOLAID2 on February 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Actually, it piles up under their mouths.

RoadRunner on February 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Look for the various video clips from tomorrow mornings Sunday shows where these two Democrat party political operatives blame Republicans for everything they can think of, both real and imagined.

I would not advise anyone to actually watch any of these shows in their entirety.

Freddy on February 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM